OPK testing when you work at night...

NICURN2016

Reaction score
Hello,

I've tried researching this and can't seem to find any answers. I currently work 12+ hour shifts at night, most of the time 2-3 days in a row. From what I have read, LH surges typically begins rising while you are sleeping and surges by afternoon/evening. My question is, does being awake all night and sleeping during the day affect this?

I have been using OPK's for two months now, and have not gotten a positive result. I have been testing twice a day as it gets closer to ovulation day. I think I may be missing it? Unfortunately, I cannot test while I am at work, and can only do it before I leave and when I get back home. Anyone else experience this?

Any advice and insight is welcome! I'm fairly new at this!

What OPKs do you use? Have you tried using them at work or what makes you feel like you can't?

I also work 12 hr shifts so what I do is use the OPK strips (brand Clinical Guard) and one of those small 1 oz medicine cups. Instead of laying the strip flat after use I let it dry on the sink for a few minutes then I put it back in the wrapper and put all of that in my pocket until it dries. It's probably not the most effective way but it works for me! That way you don't miss your surge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->