OPK tests?

wannabeemzazi

Reaction score
Ok so I am on cycle day 22 now and this is my first cycle using OPK tests. I started testing on CD 11 and all tests have been completely negative with no question. Is it possible to get your period if all of your OPKs were negative?

I think it is possible to get a period if you aren't ovulating. Are your cycles usually regular? I'd assume a fluke if you do end up with your period and no + OPK this month, but if it happens again I'd think about seeing a doctor.

Have you had any other signs of ovulation?

Up until last January my cycles were perfect and then they turned completely around and I had 3 periods on my own this year and 3 on BC trying to regulate my period. I went 4 months with no period this year. I went to the doctor yesterday and she put me on thyroid medication and she said she thinks I probably have PCOS. I go to the OB/GYN in 8 days to confirm it. My Temp Is very erratic and my cervix has been high and soft for a few weeks but my CM changes from watery to sticky but no EWCM

If you don't ovulate your uterine lining will build itself up until you have what's called breakthrough bleeding. You aren't ovulating and so it's referred to as an annovulatory cycle. Some women don't bleed at all but some have the breakthrough bleeding and so never realize they weren't ovulating. This happened to me a few times and often my cycles were very long. Charting and opks helped me to sort it out and then do what we needed to fix it.

Have you tried chaste berry? It's in several fertility supplements and helps to regulate your cycle. Great for pcos as well. They call it natures Clomid lol. Worked for me. Good luck and hope you get your bfp soon!

First off Congratulations on your little miracle in progress! The break through bleeding might have been what happened to me so I will just keep charting and try to figure out if I’m ovulating at all. I haven’t tried the chaste berry but will have to give it a try. Thank yall both lots!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->