OPK users, quick question

Jamie0987

Reaction score
I've never tried using OPKs before but I decided to try pretty late into my cycle this time. On CD 14 I took two tests both very faint but had obvious visible pink lines (which from reading the instruction I know to mean that the tests were negative). Then this morning CD15 I took another OPK and now there is no line at all. Does that mean I could have ovulated on CD12 or 13? Or that ovulation is on its way? My other (probably dumb) question is that, given that hormones don't just leave your body quickly, would an OPK still have a faint line the day after ovulation? Thank you in advance

LH can really fluctuate throughout your cycle so unless you see a clear positive, it's hard to be sure. I'm having a long cycle and I've seen days get darker and then lighter and then back again.

Do you normally ovulate around cd 12 or 13? If you do then yes you could have picked up the tail end of the hormones fading. I have had everything from 4 days of positives to one positive at 2pm then totally negative that same night. A lot has to do with how much lh your body had to make that month to get the eggy to pop and how diluted you urine might be too. Good luck and try temping as another poster suggested so you will know for sure when you O'd.

Try testing in the afternoon around 2pm. LH surges usually occur overnight/early morning and don't show up in urine until a little bit later.

Start testing on CD 10. I was always able to know a positive was coming because the line would get increasingly dark about 3 days before. I would then get a second day of positives, then it would get fainter again. The only time I would have no line was right after AF.

It's normal for the lines to fluctuate. Keep going - hopefully a true positive is still to come xx

Thanks for the info ladies! I didn't know about the surges in LH. I guess I'll be checking again soon.

Example for you. I haven't had a positive yet, this is how they have fluctuated so far

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q568/lauracostello1988/e7e692fd09c12c628b828a659bc23f3a_zps72f6d527.jpg

Do you check twice a day? I was doing some research on google and a lot of websites and other forums said that testing twice a day helps with getting a more accurate chart.

I test twice a day, yeah. Sometimes three times a day if I know it's getting close. That's why the cheapie tests are so useful

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->