OPK's always positive?

Moondance

Waiting too damn long
Reaction score
ETA: I have completely edited this post, to include new information! :wacko:

I always seem to have a problem with OPK's, where they're always positive... or at least, half positive. On the Test line, half the width of the line is generally dark, while the other half is as pale as, or paler than, the control line.

But todays one (CD25) was something different...
I didn't take a picture of the first one I took today, but it actually was such a strong test line, the colour was bleeding out, which was strange...

They're Forelife! brand, which actually isn't just the little paper bit, but is inside a proper plastic casing, with the little window, but I couldn't seem to get a real picture of it in the casing, so I broke it apart.
TEST line is on the left, CONTROL is on the right.

ETA:
Changed the image to show a photo edit, with the original photo of CD25, edited slightly to include todays picture of CD26. Both pictures were taken within the first 10 minute period of peeing on the stick. I have simply just edited yesterdays photo and todays photo together (leaving space for tomorrows and the days after)

Attachments

• OPKCd25-26.jpg
    OPKCd25-26.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 50
silly question but which one is the control line? maybe you haven't been testing long enough before.

My opk surge was very pale then on the 5th day went very strong then next day hardly anything so you could be like me only surge for one day.

It is so confusing isn't it:wacko:

That looks like a surge going up or a surge going down. I would test again in 8-12 more hours to find out for sure. If the line gets darker, you've caught your LH on the way up. If it gets lighter or disappears, it's your surge going down. Make sense?

silly question but which one is the control line? maybe you haven't been testing long enough before.

My opk surge was very pale then on the 5th day went very strong then next day hardly anything so you could be like me only surge for one day.

It is so confusing isn't it:wacko:

Oops, should have mentioned that, but the Test line is on the left, and the Control line is on the right.
I've been doing OPK's every month for 3 months, and so far, am finding them to be annoying as they always generally look exactly the same... Half the width of the line is pale, and the other half is dark.
It does this even when my body is nowhere near ovulation!

That looks like a surge going up or a surge going down. I would test again in 8-12 more hours to find out for sure. If the line gets darker, you've caught your LH on the way up. If it gets lighter or disappears, it's your surge going down. Make sense?

Not exactly, since on MY personal OPK's, they're always generally the same, as I said above.

The Test line is always half darker than the Control. So I just am thinking about not bothering to use them anymore.
Admittedly, this one here is the darkest line I have ever had, but they are always darker.

I misunderstood what you meant when you said half. OPKs are tough and there are a lot factors that can influence your result.

Just had to reply as i always gets lines that are paler but the other day on CD12 i did one and it was half dark and half not which is so confusing, i thought it was positive but now after reading that you get these alot im not so sure.

Just had to reply as i always gets lines that are paler but the other day on CD12 i did one and it was half dark and half not which is so confusing, i thought it was positive but now after reading that you get these alot im not so sure.

Mine are ALWAYS like that.... half the line dark, half the line pale... but widthwise, so the left half is dark and the right half is pale.
I've decided not to bother with them anymore.
At least it will save me some money, as they're not the cheapest thing to get your hands on here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->