Opk's and jobs - beginner here

imphope

Reaction score
Beginner needs help w opks:
I am on cd 8 and my af ended on cd6. I have a bunch of wondfo cheap opks and some cb digitals too. I want to start testing soon but I'm not sure when and what time of day. I work 8-6 and just wondered how you ladies do this when you're at work. I guess just hide and wait in stall for stick to register?

I just started temping on cd1 and I have no idea what it means yet, but I'll keep going with it. My temps have been between 97.3-97.7 during my af. Is that a normal range? Is that a large range or small?

Prior to this, all I have done thus far is track my cycle length for the last 5 months and we started ttc last cycle. It didn't work so I'm ready to try more tracking methods. Anyone care to advise me? Thanks for helping out a first timer.

I specifically buy the OPK's that you pee on because the best time to use them is 2PM....I work 8:30-4:30PM so that isn't ideal. I pee on it, let it sit for a few seconds, put the cap on, shove it up my sleeve (try and keep is level) and hide at my desk until it's done.

Not the ideal situation, but I can't pee in a cup at work and deal with that.

As for temping, those sound like good temps for where you are in your cycle. Are you taking them every day at the same time before any movement?

I have heard that temps on your period can be all over the place. I know mine were last cycle. Some women don't even start temping until their cycle is over.

Yes. I read enough to know that same time every day is good. So I set my alarm for 6:00 am every day and take it without getting out of bed.

I hope I can test at work without any embarrassing moments. :wacko:
I think I will start with the cheapie a and move on to the digitalis once I get the hang of it.

Edit: if testing at 2pm is best- does that mean I can't have any liquids at lunch? I heard you have to hold urine for 4 hours prior too. That sounds impossible for me.

Oh the joys of trying to POAS at work! I have the Wondfos as well and just sneak a cup into the bathroom. Luckily we have a bathroom that is private (instead of stalls), but I've always wondered what people would think if they saw me taking a cup in there. I'm sure the ones you just pee on would be way easier for work. I usually just wait until I get home from work to do the OPKs in the early days (CD10-12), then once I see the line getting darker, I start doing them 2x/day. Which means doing one at work, then one when I get home.

Don't stress yourself out about not having liquids or holding for 4 hours. I try to hold for 2-3 hours, if possible, but if you've gotta go, just test then. Yes, you can have liquids at lunch. You don't need to be dehydrated, just not have very diluted urine.

Good luck!

I only hold for 1 1/2 to 2 hours...and I can still get a positive at 2PM...there is no way I can hold for 4 hours. I can't even do that sleeping! :)

FYI - I don't use the clear blue digital. I use Target Up & Up brand that comes in a 7 pack for $20. I guess that's still a tad expensive, but I just don't want to deal with peeing in a cup at work! lol

I'm going to start testing on CD9 this cycle, according to my FF app that is my first fertile day. Last cycle I got a positive on CD 12, which was much earlier than I thought I would.

Do you use any apps to help track everything?

I use the Walgreens dip sticks, you can use a small medicine cup to pee in and it's quick. You should also be testing more than once a day, which is why the digital are SO expensive. I use the Walgreens strips and the CB digital sticks as a confirmation

Start testing day 10, sex EOD until you get a positive, then 2 days in a row, then back to EOD. OPK's only indicate the possibility of ovulation, temps confirm it. the base temps mean nothing as long as they appear to be normal for you, which will probably take at least 2 months :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->