OPK's and ovulation??

ROSSLOUN

TTC #1 after m/c 1/1/10
Reaction score
HI ladies,

i'm CD18, normally have 30 - 32 day cycles. Been using OPK's this month, started using CB digital ones and got negatives all week.. I then went out and bought Tesco's own yesterday and got a positive yesterday afternoon but still negative on Clear Blue?

Anyway I then tested this afternoon with Tesco's own and got a VERY positive opk (test line darker than the control line - i've never had this!). Also i've been having twinges in my lower stomach at the right as though something is going on.

So when will i ovulate, could i still get a positive opk while i am ovulating or am i still to ovulate?

Been bding all week and plan on continuing for the next couple of days 'just incase'.

Any advice would be appreciated! xx

Hi Lou,

I normally get a positive on the day I ovulate but I think it can vary from person to person. The surge of the hormone happens and you an ovulate up to 48 hours after the peak.

Good luck!

Jo x

Just keep in mind you cannot be sure whether you're catching the beginning, the peak or the tail end of the surge unless you test and get a negative. Its true as said above you can usually expect to ovulate anywhere between 12-36/48 hors after you get a first positive.

The reason you probably got a positive on one and not another is that they have different sensitivities and cheaper ones are usually more sensitive.

So, you can still be about to ovulate or already ovulating. If you've bd all week you're in with a very good chance. Keep at it, as you said.

Also, you might wanna have a look at www.peeonastick.com which explains everything and anything you could ever want to know about op.'s and hpt's

Good luck, chicken! :)

ps. you might also wanna count the days from your ovulation to af as that will give you an idea when you're due and what a normal luteal phase it - as the lp rarely but never changes while the ov, as we unfortunately know, can and does move about. I for instance have a 12 lp which means i count 12 days from ov and know exactly when af is due.. but i might be getting ahead of myself, lol! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->