OPKs for dummies?!

jtr2803

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I hope you dont mind me popping over, currently WTT but starting TTC in July. We were hoping to take a relatively relaxed approach but unfortunately I've been advised to stop taking a specific medication when we TTC so I want to fall as quickly as possible (don't we all!).

I started temping and charting cm a few days ago anyway to try and get an idea of cycle as I think I experience ovulation pain but have an IUD so no AF to track anything! Thinking I need to up the ante a bit to help things along which has led me to opks. I understand what they do and I've seen a few different types of tests but still a little unsure of a few things and hope someone could help?

Do you use them throughout cycle or just on suspected fertile days?

I've read they can take up to 30 minutes to develop, is this right? What do you do with the strip whilst waiting? I'd have to do them at work and no idea how I'll mange it discretely!

Although much more expensive, are the cb digital tests 'easier'?

Where do you get yours from?

Any other pointers for a novice? Sorry for any silly questions :haha:

I get cheap ones from amazon so you can use them all the time. Best to use them right through your first cycle so yo u k ow what you o. Best to do it 10am to early afternoon. You get the response within ten mins. I got pregnant first time round with opks and temping so it does work x

Thanks ms sunshine! Glad to hear results are relatively quick. I've ordered a pack of 30 opks from Amazon, think I've just missed ovulation based on cm/cramps but I really am pretty clueless otherwise.

Will start using them when they arrive and just keep going until they show something I guess! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->