OPK's staying the same daily, anyone ever had this happen?

baby_hopes23

Me, DH, DS & DD
Reaction score
I used OPK's to conceive my 1st son and we're ready to try for #2, but my OPK's have been the same every single day for 5 days, never had that happen before, I usually get a progression from really light test line leading up to a positive, but this is the 1st month I've used them since having my son last summer so maybe my cycle is messed up?

Anyone experience this and eventually get a + opk? I thought that last one was almost positive, but I used a clearblue test when I did that one as well and it was negative (no smiley face). Any help is much appreciated!!

Attachments

• opk photo.jpg
    opk photo.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 37
hi hun
have u tried a hpt? maybe you are already prego. if opks stay pos it can indicate pregnancy. i dont want to get r hopes up but this is my experience. maybe u shud try a hpt and see the results of that. also opk usually detect pregnancy hormone before a hpt
hope this is the start of ur bfp
keep us updated xxx
lots of babydust

Oh good point!! I don't have any symptoms but it's worth a shot :) I'm not even sure if I O'd, but when I'm not near ovulation my OPK's are usually so light that's why I am so thrown by them being this close to positive, leave it to my body to do the weird unheard of things lol.

I'll def take an hpt & see what I get! thanks so much for your input!

So curious to hear the results...I was thinking maybe you are pregnant, too. Good luck!

Negative on the hpt, all I have is the internet strip kind that came with my OPK strips, so I did another OPK at the same time and go figure, just as dark as the others lol. I think I'll try a 1st Response HPT, I don't feel pregnant like I did when I had my 1st, but ya never know...interesting for sure!

I'll letcha know what comes of the next test :thumbup:

maybe its 2 early for hpt as u say u dont know when u ovulated. keep testing. i cannot think of any other reason they would keep been positive unless their dodgy test. maybe try one opk in a glass of water and see what the results is. best of luck. cannot wait to see how this turns out xx

Very true, it definitely could be too early, I have no idea where I'm really at in my cycle since the end of January was the 1st time I've had my period since stopping breast feeding a couple months back, so maybe it's just extra long!

I will definitely try the opk in water now and do the HPT with my fmu...stay tuned hehe :winkwink:

hey chick did ya do the water sample hehe and the hpt?
xx

Yes ma'am I sure did :) and I think it looks like you were dead on about the faulty OPK's because I tried with a water sample and although it's not as dark as when I test with urine, it did give me a test line! Can you believe that? I've never had faulty OPK's (to my knowledge) so I was a bit surprised!

The HPT was negative, so even though I have no idea if/when I did ovulate, it seems this is all due to the OPK's being defective! Still no signs or symptoms of AF or pregnancy, it's been about a month since my last AF, but I'm guessing it's a bit irregular since I just stopped BF a couple months ago. I do have some new OPK's coming in the mail so I'll see what those do and wait it out :thumbup:

Thanks for checking in :winkwink:

I've had 5 positive OPk's in a row this week!! Last night was number 6 and the test line was still quite dark, although not as dark as the control line any more. It's doing my head in!! But I'm hoping I actually o'd the first or second day or positives and the rest have just been... overflow??

omg really can u upload a piccy for us to see the test with water?
im quiet shocked!! still not over till af shows tho hunni

I felt the same way, like I was going crazy staring at all these dark OPK's, wondering if they were ALL positive or going to get darker or lighter, those little buggers can drive a woman insane lol. I'm not 100% sure, but I think mine are faulty, I ran out of them so I haven't tested today, but will when I get more in the mail (hopefully today)...it's been an adventure this month for sure!! Hopefully yours are an indication that you'll get your BFP!!

Here's the one I did with water...barely a line, but definitely there! Crazy right?

Attachments

• water opk.jpg
    water opk.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 23
omg im really shocked im gunna try mine in water now lol and see wat happens hehe

haha, I am curious to see what happens! I'm certain my tap water doesn't have hormones lol.

I was wondering if maybe mine are expired? A friend from my local mommy group gave me the package of OPK's since she is expecting and didn't need them anymore, I'll have to ask her how old these things are!

i tried the water test and i got no hint of a second line on both my opk brands so thier was def something wrong with them ones. x

I agree! My tests are definitely fishy, I guess the friend of mine who gave them to me has had them since she was TTC (she's 12 weeks along), so I'm guessing they're expired or something...I am receiving a new order hopefully today so I'm glad to have a working batch :)

good luck with ur ttc journey and hope u get ur BFP soon
keep us updated on weather ur AF arives or u get a BFP
best wishes

Thank you so much!! I'm in no hurry, but I will definitely let y'all know if I somehow get that BFP this crazy cycle!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->