Oramorph and Pregnancy

Sarahcake

Mummy to Logan <3
Reaction score
Hiya ladies,

My question is as the title suggests, have any of you had Oramorph during pregnancy?

I'm currently 15 weeks along and I have SI joint failure in my back. The pain is excruciating and isn't going away or even lessening.

So far I've tried,

Brand new mattress to the tune of £600.
Hot and cold therapy
Chiropractor 3x weekly
Paracetamol 4x daily.

I'm currently having to take time off work and I don't get sick pay.

I've given up and gone to the drs today and he's advised me to self refer for physio which I will as soon as I'm home and he's given me 5ml Oramorph 4x daily for 5 days to see if that helps.

I'm not crazy excited about taking it. I need it for my back but all I see when I look online is how unsafe it is. He assured me that besides a little fetal drowsiness there was nothing to be concerned about over a short term usage but I'm just so unsure.

Anybody have any stories for me or experiences and opinions? I'd be super pleased to read them, thank you x

I haven't any advice sorry hun, hopefully somebody can offer some x

Thanks for the reply lovely <3 I hope so too. Holding off taking it for the moment until I see some experiences x

Hey hun saw your post and didnt want to rnr. I have no experience but like you have googled and read that it shouldnt be taken during pregnancy. I am no doctor so feel i cannot comment but id perhaps ask for someone else.

Sorry you are in pain though. Sounds horrible!

<3 thanks lovely. It's debilitating now to the point where I can't even get myself dressed of a morning. Not like me at all and I don't wish it to stay!

I don't feel like my GP would give me something that would harm baby and he was very adamant that the best thing for Baba is to treat the pain that's affecting me, I just don't know :(

I'd do a little research and maybe call some pharmacies to ask if it can be taken while pregnant.

Hiya-- last pregnancy I had gallstones and an infected gallbladder (which lead to other organ problems too) and was in hospital for a long time throughout my third trimester. I was on morpheine regularly as well as endone (oxycodone) - both of which the Internet says is bad - but honestly, listen to your doctor. They know what is best for your situation. They would not prescribe it to you unless they thought it was for the best.

I know it's hard, but try to trust your doctor. It will just make the baby a bit sleepy. Just remember to only take the recommended dose and for the recommended time.

Best of luck and try to relax, enjoy being pain-free :flower:

Thank you I really appreciate the input. It's a small dose anyway so it's not like I'll be constantly on it and I can't take it the 4 times daily as prescribed anyway as I am at work where controlled drugs arnt allowed in my system.

I did take it last night after agonising over it and ill be honest, I felt much better for doing so. I've not taken it since today as my back is having a good day so I'm thinking maybe keep it til I really need it rather than using a regular dose and that should help keep the side effects down.

Thanks again for your input ladies x

No experience with oramorph but I had to take all kinds of painkillers when I was pregnant with Maria because I had really bad hydronephrosis plus appendicitis so they had been on oxycodone injections every 5 hours, tramadol slow-release every morning and evening, plus codeine when needed. This was for three weeks while I was in hospital, and then the tramadol and codeine continued for a bit after I got out (until they made me too sick as my morning sickness came back). Apart from slightly low blood oxygen saturation when she was born (not an uncommon thing in newborns) she was fine.

Thanks for your input lovely :)

I ended up only needing to take the one dose as it seemed to ramp up to a point where I couldn't take it anymore and then the next day it was a bit better and has continued to be better for the last few days.

I have it in reserve for if it returns however and I don't feel so bad about taking it if I need to now after hearing your stories and also stories of people I know also.

Thanks again all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->