Order of service

Lauren25

Reaction score
Sorry to be making so many different threads recently I just want to keep all my questions separately so I don't get confused!

For those who are having Civil Ceremonies are you having an order of service? If so what are you putting in them ?

I want to have something for guests to have and also it will give 2 of the ushers something to do but I'm just not sure what you'd put in it!

My original idea was to have Order of the Days instead so people knew what was going to Happen throughout the day but for ready Made ones they seem to be more expensive than a order of service!

Just trying to look at different ideas really :flower:

No I'm not because it won't be very long or particularly structured. I am, however, handing out order of the day cards so people know when things are going to happen and therefore know when to eat, when it's safe to go to the toilet without missing the cake cutting etc etc. It will also have extra information such as the location of the games room/play room/cinema/toilets. Oh and we're giving out our sort of confetti too. Perhaps the ushers could do that? I think order of services in church are because it's so long and people need to know which hymns and things.

We are having order of days. I will probably make them myself, much cheaper than buying them and they don't have to be expensive

Yeah I'm making mine too. Making all my stationary in fact! If you want any designing PM, I would love any excuse :haha:

We'll be having order of the day probably. And will be doing them myself a well as the invites etc :thumbup: In a civil ceremony I don't think you'll need an order of service, unless you're having a lot of readings and wanted your guests to have copies of them?

I think I'm going to go for an order of the day, for the other reason aswel I hate not knowing what I'm doing, where I'm going, what's happening next and I'm sure other people are like that too!

I also really like the 'fan' type order of the day, like these!

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/e2f1c59eb051c38aee4446108d77e483.jpg

^^ theyre cute!
I'm the same, hate not knowing how long I'm waiting for iykwim? That's the same reason im doing an order of the day. Our day is really slow going so I want people to know they can relax without having to worry about being somewhere/doing something in 5 minutes :lol:

I'm confused by your questions lol!

I was given a contract with all my times on so just putting that on some paper and it will be on everyones seat before we get married :)

We made a booklet of the day, which was in keeping eith the day (ration book), we put in loads of info, the bridal party, the readings, order of thr day and some other bits. We made it pocket sized. The guests loved it.

We also did all our own stationary ourselves and loved doing it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"