• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Organic baby milk?which one?

pinkylisa28

Reaction score
Anyone know more about the different organic baby milks,I've found hipp organic,holle organic and babynat?does anyone have any opinions on any of these,any better than others.after reading any article in the royal mail I'm very keen to change my son from cow and gate to an organic milk.but would love some feedback on the above brands or any others that people know of.thanks

Hi :) we changed LO from SMA to Hipp organic, he had terrible reflux and once we changed he was so much better. I think it is supposed to be more gentler on their tummies x

HIPP is organic but ingredients wise is similar to the other 'big three' formulas, as it contains added fish oils (non organic), Babynat and Holle are like the old HIPP formulation, organic and without the fish oils (which are a bit of a gimmick and the government only officially allowed them in formula in 2007, let alone approving of them). Out of the two Holle works out quite a lot cheaper, about 12 pounds for 800g whereas babynat is 16-17 quid for 900g xx

thank you for your replys, so is hipp not completely organic anymore then?

No organic milk currently available is 100% organic as the vitamins that are required to be added by law (and essential for normal neurological development) are not always available from organic sources; however with HIPP it has a lot more non-organic ingredients added than the other two organic formulas that are available. xx

I combination feed my daughter and she has 2 bottles of hipp organic a day after aptimil made her windy and colicky, weve had no problems, it settles her very well and if anything spits up less now than when she was exclusivly bf so think it has definately helped her tummy :) only thing i find annoying is the cardboard box but u can buy tins for them

I've just changed Freya from Aptamil to HiPP, and wish I'd done it sooner. She's much more settled, less wind and is taking more at each feed. Only downside for me is it seems to make her poos smell absolutely rank! Small price to pay thou x

HIPP is organic but ingredients wise is similar to the other 'big three' formulas, as it contains added fish oils (non organic), Babynat and Holle are like the old HIPP formulation, organic and without the fish oils (which are a bit of a gimmick and the government only officially allowed them in formula in 2007, let alone approving of them). Out of the two Holle works out quite a lot cheaper, about 12 pounds for 800g whereas babynat is 16-17 quid for 900g xx

sorry abit off topic but i find the above interesting. my lo is on sma staydown which doesnt contain the omega 3 and 6 fish oils and i have worried that he is missing out on these supposedly wonderful brain supplements added to most formulas. i did consider buying some eye q baby (omega 3 and 6) and supplementing him myself, however this information is quite reassuring x

sorry abit off topic but i find the above interesting. my lo is on sma staydown which doesnt contain the omega 3 and 6 fish oils and i have worried that he is missing out on these supposedly wonderful brain supplements added to most formulas. i did consider buying some eye q baby (omega 3 and 6) and supplementing him myself, however this information is quite reassuring x

Studies have shown a slight benefit of these ingredients for premature babies only; for full term babies there is no benefit. Some studies have even shown growth problems with the addition of these fish oils to formula in some babies; for example in one study babies whose formula was supplemented with the fish oils were significantly shorter at 18 months than those without. The fish oils can also exacerbate reflux symptoms in some babies which is probably why they are not in the staydown. My eldest was made very sick by aptamil and I think it was the fish oils. After four months babies can make their own fatty acids in their body anyway. IMHO they are a marketing gimmick to justify selling the formula at a higher price as opposed to being of any real benefit. I don't know anyone who has eye problems due to being FF before these ingredients were introduced, my eldest was on HIPP and cow and gate before they had these ingredients and my second youngest was on cow and gate comfort before it had these ingredients, both have absolutely no eyesight issues whatsoever. xx

Studies have shown a slight benefit of these ingredients for premature babies only; for full term babies there is no benefit. Some studies have even shown growth problems with the addition of these fish oils to formula in some babies; for example in one study babies whose formula was supplemented with the fish oils were significantly shorter at 18 months than those without. The fish oils can also exacerbate reflux symptoms in some babies which is probably why they are not in the staydown. My eldest was made very sick by aptamil and I think it was the fish oils. After four months babies can make their own fatty acids in their body anyway. IMHO they are a marketing gimmick to justify selling the formula at a higher price as opposed to being of any real benefit. I don't know anyone who has eye problems due to being FF before these ingredients were introduced, my eldest was on HIPP and cow and gate before they had these ingredients and my second youngest was on cow and gate comfort before it had these ingredients, both have absolutely no eyesight issues whatsoever. xx

hmmm it makes you wonder. my lo's reflux was at its very worst on aptamil. he as really thrived since being on the staydown. i remeber at the peak of my lo's reflux googling aha/dha and reflux but never found anything substantial linking the two. i know in the past ive taken fish oils myself and had them repeat on me. not a nice fishy taste as i remember it lol. didn't know they make their own fatty acids at 4 months. will definately be leaving the supplements alone now. thanks x

Hi everyone,

we bought Holle from biologish. The trouble we had with them is they take forever!! Currently we order from organicbabyfood24. hopefully it goes faster, price is the same... <3

Slightly off topic but a thumbs up story for HIPP.......

My DS was severely constipated from 2 weeks old on Aptimil, and even Aptimil comfort which is supposed to ease digestion & constipation. It was so bad the doc prescribed suppositories to get things moving and a stool softener to keep things moving :-(

At 10 weeks I'd had enough and decided to try swapping to HIPP ....within 6 hours he'd done a lovely soft poop and has done daily ever since. I sooooo wish I'd swapped earlier!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->