Orgasmic birth!

hapi2bhealthy

Mummy to 1 princess
Reaction score
OK call me crazy but I don't think it sounds that far fetched. And I believe it gels reallllllllly well with my mind set on birth. Here's why:

*to me, birth is a private, intimate event: as intimate as sex. I have always felt that way, even as a little girl who had just learned about it. It always sounded private to me- but in a good way, not a dirty way.

*Everything that is happening, is happening in the same region that involves sex. And so many parallels happen: the release of hormones, the rush after the birth, the way women go into their zone.

*The thought of it isn't "arousing" in the traditional way...but in some weird, other way. Probably because I see it as so intimate. :shrug:

*I am excited about birthing my baby. I am excited to feel the power of my body and to see what my labour land feels like.

Anyway I know there's stories out there of it, wonder if anyone knows of any personally? At our Hypnobirth classes, one of the girls said she was there because her friend had a totally sensuous birth experience with her second baby. I thought that was cool to hear.

Speaking from my own experiance both of my births couldnt be any more furhur from being orgasmic. Interesting thought tho

My third had traces of it. I am hoping to tap into that again this time. Just before my waters broke it hurt like crazy but there was this other pressure that was ....or can only be described as pleasurable. Weird but it was there and I cannot describe it.

I don't know if I would call my birth orgasmic but will say as soon as my son came out (while he was coming out) I got the same kind of rush you get with an orgasm, just much stronger. Different though but for me it was pleasant.
My DH laughed because he said the look on my face went from serious and focused to just opened mouth "wow that was awesome" kind of look lol

My third had traces of it. I am hoping to tap into that again this time. Just before my waters broke it hurt like crazy but there was this other pressure that was ....or can only be described as pleasurable. Weird but it was there and I cannot describe it.

Yah that's what I think they mean. Not like "oh it was just like having sex", but *something* along those lines that only women will ever be able to describe.

I am certainly not expecting to feel like I am having awesome foreplay for hours on end :haha:

Ina May Gaskin has info on orgasmic birth in her guide to childbirth book and I've heard her talk about it in podcasts too. In the guide to childbirth book she even has a picture of the woman's face.

I bought the book thru Google Play (I have an android) and downloaded it to my phone since it was so late in the game. Then I found out like 5 seconds later the baby is breech and I'm having a c section.

Hope you get a nice O as LO slides out :)

I can see at the very end, pushing, being "orgasmic", not really an orgasm, just that pushing feels SO good, SUCH a relief to the contractions that it feels almost orgasmic. It is painful, that part is for sure. But maybe it's just because I really did have such an intimate birth (just my husband and I) that the pushing part felt so amazing because it was almost over, the actual physical feeling (besides the ring of fire ouch), I just kept pushing at the very end because the relief from the pressure and contractions was so much.

i'm very down with the idea of pushing being.. pleasurable.. as in.. such a relief that it's pleasure.. but i PERSONALLY wouldnt really want a ... "traditional" orgasm while birthing.. to each their own of course, and i can't blame anyone for wanting one haha, theyre pretty great.. but to me.. the scenarios don't mix.. it would be very weird for me to think about the birth of my child in any sexual manner.. which for me would be neccesary for orgasm. not to mention, while i like your idea of birth being intimate.. even if i wasn't having a hospital birth (which i am) i have no partner, so my birth partners are my mother, sister and exgirlfriend/closest friend.. and orgasming in front of them is not an idea that thrills me lol.

i do however hope that you have a WONDERFUL birth experience thats EXACTLY what YOU want :) because orgasms ROCK. :p

I agree, the pushing part is pleasureable but definitely not in an orgasmic way. For me it was just a huge relief and knowing I was close to the end!

ive got to be totally honest... the idea of an orgasmic birth sounds really creepy to me. yes labour is private and intimate and yes you can have a really great experience but for me if was orgasmic it would ruin it for me. but hey thats just me and each to their own x

I have heard from many people that its possibly to have a pleasurable/orgasmic birth. It just depends on your mindset i think. Its never going to happen if your sceptical about it.. its more about the way you perceive the sebsations of labour and birth.. if we think it hurts, it hurts. If we think its pleasurable.. well hey its worth a try! What have we got to lose?? ;)

ive got to be totally honest... the idea of an orgasmic birth sounds really creepy to me. yes labour is private and intimate and yes you can have a really great experience but for me if was orgasmic it would ruin it for me. but hey thats just me and each to their own x

Honestly I don't blame you...I watched a video of some woman on youtube about it and it looked creepy weird. But I don't think I'm looking for a traditional orgasm as such...more for a pleasurable release while pushing..??

Yeah I also wouldn't compare it to a sexual orgasm...but I bet we've all heard someone call an amazing slice of chocolate fudge cake "orgasmic". For me it was like that - a time when you feel everything and yet nothing, happier than you even imagined you could be and thoroughly thoroughly satisfied and complete! :cloud9:

Here's a picture of me with DS taken literally within 5 minutes of his birth. If I don't an euphoric but exhausted look on my face I dunno!
https://lh4.ggpht.com/_F9Szj08yWMk/TPj_1zYoAUI/AAAAAAAABCI/R894Nj6cWro/s400/P1090646.JPG

I have just been reading about it in Ina May's book and it was also brought up in the Bradley Method book that I read. Both have said its not widely documented because some doctors just don't believe it can happen and many women don't mention it.

Ive absolutely loved all 9 of my childrens births but i dont think i can put the two together as it just doesnt seem right to me. I have heard of this before though and wish anybody who tries it the very best of luck x

If you go looking for an orgasmic birth, you are unlikely to find it. The pressure to "achieve" one tends to kill the hormones needed. It is possible though - I even commented on a feeling to the midwives, who said that it wasn't unusual... And I think I'll just leave it at that. I don't want to start the debate of what's right or odd or whatever, it is what it is!

Just saw something on this so thought I would bump it...

Any thoughts? Personal experiences? Is it possible to get in the right mind set to have an orgasm? Something I have been wondering. Might try it if we get a chance to labor at home

Some of my contractions felt good in a satisfying kind of way. They still hurt but I had my head under control that the idea of it being painful wasn't there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->