Orgasmic birth!

A orgasm doesn't need to be sexual, all it is is the release of the same hormones.

It's two very different contexts. Nipple stimulation by your husband is pleasurable in a sexual way but when breastfeeding the same hormones are released but it doesnt mean that feeling which can be satisfying is pleasurable in a sexual way.

There is a YouTube video somewhere of a woman who claims she had an orgasm during or just after giving birth. Not for me though - ill be numbed with a spinal so won't be feeling anything!

I understand that orgasmn is not always sexual, but after two births, I can honestly say I have absolutely NO desire personally to experience anything orgasmic when in labor. Just not the mindset I am in or wish to be at the time. To each his own, I guess!

I would very much prefer to have an orgasmic birth than a painful stressed birth :haha:

I won't say i had an orgasm while giving birth... but having a hypnobirth puts you very very close to that feeling you have when you have an orgasm.

I don't remember feeling pain, all i remember is positive. I laboured with my husband on our own and tried to be pretty relaxed and intimate with him throught out the whole experience.

I don't look at it as a sexual thing at all! but concentrating on things that make me relaxed and happy - whether it's kissing, hugging, nipple stimulation, whatever... - made it soooo much easier, enjoyable and happier in the end. Nothing compared to my first.

Giving birth to my first daughter while it was all natural too, never felt as intimate as my second.

there are some good books out there about the subject, probably worth reading for those that would like to try it...

thanks for sharing your experience xuxa. i'm also doing hypnobirthing and this is the exact birth experience I would hope to have :) did you have your second birth in a hospital or at home?

As an update, I did not get the orgasmic, hypnobirth I had wanted! I was induced and it was crap.

BUT I haven't given up hope!!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"