Orgasmic births

fancyshmancy

Reaction score
Orgasmic births: Have any of you ladies experienced one? If so, is there any way you can describe it? For those of you that have not had one, do you believe it is possible? :shrug: I have been seeing so much about it lately, but don't think I would have anywhere near the mind power to do it.

No way, not me!

But if you are interested, Ina May's Guide to Childbirth discusses it and I believe has a picture/birth story of one.

I've never had a birth yet so I don't know if it would work, but I'm not going to rule it out completely. I don't think I would beable to orgasm whilst actually breathing my baby out, but that's only because I can't even have an orgasm with just DH there, I need other stimulation (TMI! hahaha) But I'm not against using my little toy in my birthing pool if I find I need some other form of pain control. I'll just ask my midwife for privacy, or at that point who knows if I'll even know she's there hahaha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5bm9-B6Ec4&playnext=1&list=PL69A969EE19839EAE&index=6

for anyone who's not seen here's a clip from the film. I havent experienced one but I can totally imagine it - it's about the way the brain translates sensations and pleasure and pain are intrinsically linked.....

How bizarre,never heard of it but would certainly change the way i view childbirth

i will tell you in all confidence that i have had 3 big Os while having Brazilian waxing done down there, so anything is possible...!!

i will tell you in all confidence that i have had 3 big Os while having Brazilian waxing done down there, so anything is possible...!!

I think you may be of the perfect variety to achieve one during birth then!! I tend to whine and and tear up during mine. :haha:

I've heard about it but I very much doubt it would happen to me and I suspect I wouldn't really want it to!

I CANNOT imagine how someone could have an O from a wax! :rofl: You must be super-sexed!

I held on to the idea of it being possible with my first birth, i think i amused my midwife when i yelled out "orgasmic births are a lie" :p i think possible but clearly not for me, i was determined to be quiet and calm (especially since our walls are thin and i have a house attatched either side) but nope, i sounded like a strangled cat.

Orgasmic births are greedy anyways. To not hate every moment of labour is rare enough, but to get an O from it? Now that's just greedy.................

I think anything is possible when giving birth. It's all in the woman's perception of the experience. I myself during my last birth had nothing that remotely resembled an orgasm. Perhaps in the right mood or atmosphere???? I definately think it is real. I'm having a hospital birth this time and I could just imagine the nurses faces if I started moaning and carrying on having an "O" during my contractions. I have heard of some women using a "toy" during labor to bring on a more pleasurable sensation during contractions. I don't know if I could handle that much stimulation all at once.

I held on to the idea of it being possible with my first birth, i think i amused my midwife when i yelled out "orgasmic births are a lie" :p i think possible but clearly not for me, i was determined to be quiet and calm (especially since our walls are thin and i have a house attatched either side) but nope, i sounded like a strangled cat.

Don't know about you but I sound like that whilst having the big 'O' :haha:

OMG, what did the beauty therapist say??! :mrgreen:

it was on 3 separate occasions, it happened each time.
i was VERY discreet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->