Orgasmic births

lol amusing thread, not sure abut takin toys into delivery suite lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5bm9-B6Ec4&playnext=1&list=PL69A969EE19839EAE&index=6

for anyone who's not seen here's a clip from the film. I havent experienced one but I can totally imagine it - it's about the way the brain translates sensations and pleasure and pain are intrinsically linked.....

Thanks for the video clip, it is definitely interesting! I now have 6 months to change my view of what childbirth is going to be like... :winkwink: ...

And thanks for all of the responses everyone!

That's why I'll be at home. It's not weird when I do it at home anyways hahaha. Why be embarrassed over something that could potentially help you? And besides, I'm sure toys may have been used in the making of bubs. :winkwink:

Exactly Jenni!!! The sooner the world wakes up and admits that birth is a sexual act the better!! There is no shame in sex and there is no shame that sex results in a baby coming out of your vagina!

the book and film are amazing.. birth and sex are not something to be ashamed of.. and if we allow our bodies to do what is natural then anything is possible! when it comes time for me to have a baby I am hoping to be as open minded as possible to whatever experience I have. Hopefully I will also be able to trust in my body and the people/ professionals I have surrounded myself with during this amazing experience. thanks for the post.. at the least it will make some re-think our ideas about birth... :D

Wow. Sorry to crash from first tri but I have never heard of this. Having experienced a completely natural birth I'm kinda surprised this is even possible! Lucky women!

It's strange, I just can't get my head around birth and sexual pleasure! I know sex made that baby etc, I even found orgasaming whilst pregnant a bit 'weird' recently I don't like the tight feeling across my stomach after orgasm now :(

I read this two weeks ago, I'd never heard about labour/birth and orgasms before!
https://www.mamabirth.blogspot.com/2010/06/nikolaos-birth-story-orgasmic-freebirth.html

I have heard about some midwives/doulas that stimulate the cliterous during labour

I think I could imagine it, even though I could feel myself tearing pushing felt good in a weird sort of way ha ha all 9lb of her!! I don't think I'd ever climax from it but it was a good feeling and can understand why some women can.

I held on to the idea of it being possible with my first birth, i think i amused my midwife when i yelled out "orgasmic births are a lie" :p i think possible but clearly not for me, i was determined to be quiet and calm (especially since our walls are thin and i have a house attatched either side) but nope, i sounded like a strangled cat.

I just did a great big belly laugh! :rofl:

That's why I'll be at home. It's not weird when I do it at home anyways hahaha. Why be embarrassed over something that could potentially help you? And besides, I'm sure toys may have been used in the making of bubs. :winkwink:

PRECIELY! Acknowledging the links and similarities between birth and sex are really important, IMO!

FTR, I didn't O, but I DID really enjoy my birth. And I ADORED all my BHs during pregnancy. They felt like mini orgasms, to me. I'd have a great big smile each time I had one! I think I am very probably capable of an orgasmic birth.

There is more I could share here, but it would DEFINITELY be TMI. ;)

Jenni, I have a feeling that is going to be one kickass birth. :D

I have heard about some midwives/doulas that stimulate the cliterous during labour

That seems wrong!!

Even if the woman consents or asks? Even if it is a low risk form of pain relief (it is) and widens the birth canal (it does) reducing the likelihood of tears or abrasions (it does that as well)?

How about compared with repeated VEs WITHOUT consent? Is this ^ ^ more wrong, or less wrong than that, do you think?

Rhetorical, just thought I'd throw that out there ;)

Open your mind and your vagina will follow!!!!!! hahahahahaha! :rofl:

Open your mind and your vagina will follow!!!!!! hahahahahaha! :rofl:

Well put :D

this is the main reason I only want OH at my homebirth. I can't imagine feeling comfortable with nipple and clitoral stimulation with my mom standing there. It's interesting, every time I think about my relationship with my mom now in random situations I see it diffferently than say...9 months ago lol.

Orgasmic births: Have any of you ladies experienced one? If so, is there any way you can describe it? For those of you that have not had one, do you believe it is possible? :shrug: I have been seeing so much about it lately, but don't think I would have anywhere near the mind power to do it.

There are videos on youtube. I definitely believe its possible. I'm not after an orgasmic birth but a relatively painless one would be nice.

Orgasmic births: Have any of you ladies experienced one? If so, is there any way you can describe it? For those of you that have not had one, do you believe it is possible? :shrug: I have been seeing so much about it lately, but don't think I would have anywhere near the mind power to do it.

There are videos on youtube. I definitely believe its possible. I'm not after an orgasmic birth but a relatively painless one would be nice.

Shoot for the stars, and you may just land on the moon ;)

Same hormons involved in orgams are involved during birth. There have been a lot of scientific studies surrounding this, with many research papers supporting this.
So yes, it is possible... and damn straight I will have my hubby get me excited... relaxing "down there" will help the transition HUGE!

LMAO!!!!!!

Ive never heard of this but totally willing to be open minded about it. Shame I lost my toy.

You can get them for about £10, no dramas. If you want to really spoil yourself, I hear the wevibe3 is out.... :D

Hahahaha I was gonna wait till I give birth to treat myself to a new one but guess it'll have to be a birthday presen. Whats a wivibe? Lol

Just looked it up on google. 'only' almost 100 quid lol

Anyone tried it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back