Orgasms post egg transfer allowed?

Schubert

Reaction score
This may be too tmi, but is it totally taboo to have orgasms during the TTW after an egg transfer during IVF? I know all doctors agree on abstaining from sex for a couple of days, but what about orgasms?
Thanks!

I was told no orgasms post transfer... Sucks for us!

During an FET, my clinic actually tells us to get busy the night of an ET. Apparently it helps with implantation.

Our doc recommended us absolute rest. Well, just adequate rest and no sex. As this had to be vagina rest - no tampons as well. No orgasm - just not to make an obstacle for the tiny pea to implant properly. All in all, I'm more likely to say this period in 2ww is not so tremendously long. After lots of failed attempts of treatment this is not so hard to wait another 2 weeks without closeness and do what you're advised. Baby dust to all! X

Our doc recommended us absolute rest. Well, just adequate rest and no sex. As this had to be vagina rest - no tampons as well. No orgasm - just not to make an obstacle for the tiny pea to implant properly. All in all, I'm more likely to say this period in 2ww is not so tremendously long. After lots of failed attempts of treatment this is not so hard to wait another 2 weeks without closeness and do what you're advised. Baby dust to all! X

Weird!! The advice from different clinics vary. All we got told is - don't smoke, and we have never smoked! We had sex and also day of transfer was also using my little toy. I think everyday. I read somewhere it helps blood flow to the uterus. Our transfer worked. I think it comes down to luck. All the tricks out there of lying down etc. just take it easy, relax, try not to worry (yeah impossible) just eat healthy food and get some light walking and sunshine in.

I woke up from naps nearly every day during the tww mid orgasm. Totally uninitiated or prompted and nothing like that had ever happened to me before. Literally sleeping on my stomach, nothing touching anywhere lol, and BOOM. I called in a panic after the first time it happened and was told it was a good thing. The blood flow and release of endorphins can only help.

I ended up pregnant with twins so I'm certain it didn't hurt anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->