osteopaths visit (TMI warning)

Natsby

Luca born 9-11-2012
Reaction score
This should make you laugh.
Ok it might not seem relevant to ttc but I went to see an osteopath today, I have a friend who is one and has had a lot of success with helping women get pregnant. I couldn´t see him so I went to a new guy, when I made the appointment it was just to get unblocked and put me straight to help ttc but then my back started playing up and I was in agony by the time I went.

So he started to put me back in line and I mentioned that my coccyx has been hurting for the past 3 years. SO he said that it might be affecting the position of my uterus because all the tendons there are connected to the bottom of the spine, cool so can you fix it? Yes but it has to be done internally.... OMG I just met this man! So this isn´t like a smear test when he says internally he meant putting his hand up to the elbow up my back passage, ok so I´m exaggerating it was just a finger and it wasn´t too bad and he did fix it. Now I can sit down without pain for the first time in three years and maybe it will mean next time I conceive I´ll get to keep it!! Unexplained infertility can often be helped by seeing a good osteopath but you have been warned it can also make you feel like a cow at the vets!!

That is both funny and scary at the same time! Lol. I guess I now sympathize with the male prostate exam! Stupid question, but is an osteopath similar to what we would call a chiropractor in the US?

I realize you may not be able to answer this; if no luck this month, I think I am looking into homeopathy.

Oh lawd, I would have passed out! Thank goodness the finger fixed your pain! After that, he should have bought you dinner :haha:

Natsby - awesome! It must be so nice to sit without pain. If it helps you have a sticky bean, or carry a baby with less pain, so much the better!!

That is both funny and scary at the same time! Lol. I guess I now sympathize with the male prostate exam! Stupid question, but is an osteopath similar to what we would call a chiropractor in the US?

I realize you may not be able to answer this; if no luck this month, I think I am looking into homeopathy.

I know in the UK osteopaths and chiropractors are the same thing :thumbup:

Natsby glad you are pain free and fingers crossed it helps you get a successful pregnancy :thumbup:

Oh lawd, I would have passed out! Thank goodness the finger fixed your pain! After that, he should have bought you dinner :haha:

:haha: Yes he should, OH says if I have to pay him and he does that every time this will be a short relationship. but I think it was a one off.

Yes it is similar to a chiropractor but they do more subtle stuff with tendons etc not just cracking bones, at least that is my experience. It is less alternative than homeopathy. I know someone will jump on me for saying this but there is no scientific evidence to back up homeopathy at all, whereas there is with acupuncture and osteopathy so I would give one of them a go first. But each to their own.

:haha: Yes he should, OH says if I have to pay him and he does that every time this will be a short relationship. but I think it was a one off.

Yes it is similar to a chiropractor but they do more subtle stuff with tendons etc not just cracking bones, at least that is my experience. It is less alternative than homeopathy. I know someone will jump on me for saying this but there is no scientific evidence to back up homeopathy at all, whereas there is with acupuncture and osteopathy so I would give one of them a go first. But each to their own.

I actually agree with you; I'm just having one of those grabbing at straws type of days!

Oh yes I know those days, but then I think when you feel bad anything that helps is a good idea even if it doesn´t make any sense. The doctor today was tapping my face whist making me say I´m angry and it made me cry, I didn´t want to but couldn´t help it. But now I do feel better, sort of lighter. SO maybe it is all quackary but if it helps then bring it on.

he meant putting his hand up to the elbow up my back passage, ok so I´m exaggerating it was just a finger and it wasn´t too bad and he did fix it.

OMG!!!!!!!!!! :huh::huh::huh::huh:
I go to a chiro for a bad lower back, I would have died if he said that to me!!!! I honestly would think he was just wanting a quick feel :rofl:
well thats great if it works for you, theres nothing worse that being in pain. Im so stiff and have to go to the chiro often.

:headspin:Natsy you're no longer a virgin....
:rofl:
how do you know she was a virgin back there
:rofl:
sorry thats rude :blush::blush::blush::rofl:

This should make you laugh.
Ok it might not seem relevant to ttc but I went to see an osteopath today, I have a friend who is one and has had a lot of success with helping women get pregnant. I couldn´t see him so I went to a new guy, when I made the appointment it was just to get unblocked and put me straight to help ttc but then my back started playing up and I was in agony by the time I went.

So he started to put me back in line and I mentioned that my coccyx has been hurting for the past 3 years. SO he said that it might be affecting the position of my uterus because all the tendons there are connected to the bottom of the spine, cool so can you fix it? Yes but it has to be done internally.... OMG I just met this man! So this isn´t like a smear test when he says internally he meant putting his hand up to the elbow up my back passage, ok so I´m exaggerating it was just a finger and it wasn´t too bad and he did fix it. Now I can sit down without pain for the first time in three years and maybe it will mean next time I conceive I´ll get to keep it!! Unexplained infertility can often be helped by seeing a good osteopath but you have been warned it can also make you feel like a cow at the vets!!

OMG, i cracked up with this, i am so glad though that he was able to help you be pain free, that in itself is a wonderful thing!!!

I woke up this morning thinking, OMG why did I share that!! But I was so in shock when I got back and I did think it was funny. Anyway at least on here no one will meet me face to face, my mum told half her ceramics class what he did and I have to see them all the time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->