OT anyone had there gallbladder out how long does it take to get back to normal

Becky123

Mum to Owen Rhys
Reaction score
I am in so much pain much worse than my c section. How long does it take to get back to normal cuz I am going mad not being able to do anything

I had mine out 2 years ago. i was driving again in a week and back to work after 3 weeks (im a health care assistent so involves heavy work)

I was in alot of pain to start with but the painkillers really helped.

what painkillers did they give you?

x

They gave me ibuprofen and tramodol.

Hopefully it won't be too long till I feel better I just didn't expect it to hurt more than my c section

you could take paracetamol with thoughs 2. or co-codamol. just make sure you take all painkillers regularly. and eat and drink plenty.

he hardest bit i found was getting in and out of bed.

xx

my friend just got hers out on wednesday night,got home yesterday morning and is comfortable today on painkillers.She hopes to be out and about by monday.

Hello, Had mine out when LO was 3 months old. The first night my shoulder and neck absolutely killed! But then by day 3/4 I felt normal! Was nothing compared to C section healing!

I had mine out about a month after I had Angelika, the pain in the shoulder was terrible for about a week and then the rest of the pain subsided after about another 10 days x

I had mine out the 1st of March, came home the 2nd of March and found it uncomfortable until around the 5th of March and didnt pick LO (28lbs) up for around 6 days after the op..I took 2 paracetamol about 6hrs after the op and then nothing after that as found the pain to be minimal. I had keyhole with mine though so dont know if that makes a difference. Hope you feel better soon. x

i know this is totally of topic, but wen u ave gallbladder problems is your liver function affected? i think i hav problems wiv my gallbladder but ultrasound showed no stones just a polyp, although liver function cum bk fine i wont go into to much, im on my fne waitin 4 sky 2 connect my internet up ive moved house, X

racheal have replyed to your thread, hope you get it sorted soon x

I am still in absolute agony, Been taking the pain killers but am sill in pain 6 days after.
I can't get a doctors appointment until the 15th.
I feel so tired al the time and dizzy and lightheaded. I am so worried that something else is wrong

o sorry ive just seen this im on my fone cos ive moved and bloody sky takes ages 2 set up the internet again! im sorry 2 hear u r still getting pain i bet u r really fed up, maybe theres sum stones still left there i hear sum people still ave trouble after and thats the cause,also have u heard off spintcher of oddy dysfunction? look it up, hope u feel better soon X

Thanks its not the same pain as a gallstone attack, am just hoping its just my body healing.
Will look up spintcher of oddy dysfunction thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->