OT - Inside the human body show a man dying

I haven't seen it - but I have seen the furore around it in the newspapers etc. It's a strange world where we can watch war footage, hear gunshots being fired that are killing people, see things on the news where people have suffered horrific injuries and are literally on their deathbeds, or lying dead in the street, watch the after effects of horrendous atrocities such as September 11, the tsunami, the Haiti earthquake...and yet watching a much-loved man dying peacefully in his bed surrounded by family is considered shocking.

My thoughts exactly. That man obviously had a very fulfilling life, he died with all his family around him, I hope I get to go like that! I thought it was very interesting and touching.

I thought it was very tastefully done. I did cry for a while after because it reminded me of when my nan died but then I find a good cry is a release sometimes. I don't regret watching it.

Finally watched this earlier, wasnt going to but decided too.

I thought it was really tastefully done.

He led a good life.

V xxx

I just watched it and developed a lump in my throat. I thought he was a lovely chap and I'm sure his family would never have agreed to have filmed and shown such an intimate moment to shock people. It was shown as it was meant, to end the film with lifes end.
Plus, you could see it had some effect on the presenter too as he spoke fondly of his own father.

Does anyone remember the TV series from years ago with Richard or Robert Winston? The Human Body and a man died on that show too. :(

I shed a few tears. I agree that it was tastefully shot. It was peaceful and emotional and I respect him and his family for allowing that to be done.

I knew there would be footage of a man dying before I started watching the program, and I chose to continue to watch it. I guess part of me wanted to know that when a person dies of old age related conditions, they are able to pass away with dignity and without pain. And the footage showed me just that.
I did have a long cry after viewing it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->