OT - UK teens & sex

R

robinator

I watched this documentary the other day about the legal age of consent in the UK to have sex is 16; to do so before that age is illegal.

Soooo....if a girl has a baby younger than 16, is she prosecuted? How do they enforce this law? :shrug:

Yeah.... Doesn't really work like that. I didn't have sex until I was over 16 but have never heard of a girl being prosecuted. However if their partner is over 16 I have heard the partner being accused of statutory rape. Not so common though I don't think.

I think it more the prosecution of anyone over 16 sleeping with someone under 16, but this area is grey when it comes to a 16yr old sleeping with her 17 yr old Boyf.... Not as serious as
say a 36 yr old sleeping with under 16 iykwim x

It's not called Statutory rape anymore...can't remember what it has changed to but yes the male can be prosecuted but the girl generally isn't unless she is over the age of 16 and he isn't. But no girls are not prosecuted. I fell pregnant with my son just before I turned 16 and I have a friend who had her baby when she was in secondary school.

To be honest I don't think anyone tends to be prosecuted for it is two under 16s or say a 15 and 16/17 year old boy unless it is pushed by someone and they actually say they want to press charges!!! I do however know a boy who is now a schedule 1 sex offender and on the sex offender's register for having sex with a 15 year old girl when he was 18.

Oh, ok. They made it sound like anyone having sex under 16 is illegal, even if both partners are.

I think it more the prosecution of anyone over 16 sleeping with someone under 16, but this area is grey when it comes to a 16yr old sleeping with her 17 yr old Boyf.... Not as serious as
say a 36 yr old sleeping with under 16 iykwim x

No the law is anyone under 16 so a 15 year old boy can be prosecuted for sleeping with a 15 year old girl if somebody pushes the police to press charges. I studied law at A level and I remember a discussion being brought up in class and our law teacher explained it all x

I lost my V at 15 to my 17 yr old bf. My mum found out and made me go down the police station and make a statement. He arrested, given a "firm talking to" and let off.

It's not often that anyone is actually in serious trouble from having sex (obv unless its rape) unless one person is under 14 and the other person knows so.

I don't know anyone who has got in trouble for having sex underage and most of my friends did lose their virginity before 16 and it wasnt always with underage partners.

I lost my V at 15 to my 17 yr old bf. My mum found out and made me go down the police station and make a statement. He arrested, given a "firm talking to" and let off.

It's not often that anyone is actually in serious trouble from having sex (obv unless its rape) unless one person is under 14 and the other person knows so.

Although that doesn't sound that serious he'll still have a criminal record as as soon as you are arrested you are inputted onto the police national computer and he'll always have a record for I think engaging a child under 16 into sexual activity.

Not sure if he'll have to declare it forever but it'll always be on his record.

I have a friend who when he was 15 had sex with his 15 year old girlfriend both fully consented...16 years later he gets a knock on the door from the police the then girlfriend reported him saying that he has given her mental health issues. He was arrested, put in prison for 6 months, and put on the sex offenders list for life.

I have a friend who when he was 15 had sex with his 15 year old girlfriend both fully consented...16 years later he gets a knock on the door from the police the then girlfriend reported him saying that he has given her mental health issues. He was arrested, put in prison for 6 months, and put on the sex offenders list for life.

That's ridiculous! I thought that if both parties were underage nothing could be done about it, because they're both guilty of having sex with a minor?

In cases when they're both underage it tends to be the male who takes blame. Its silly old fashioned sexist law.

:saywhat:

Part of his conditions is also if he meets any new lady for potential romance he has 24 hours to tell them. It has put a damper on his love life.

Part of his conditions is also if he meets any new lady for potential romance he has 24 hours to tell them. It has put a damper on his love life.

Ridiculous. How can they police that?

I lost my virginity way before 16 but no, myself and the people I have slept with (who where all over 16 while I was under 16) never been arrested or anything.

That sounds very dangerous about the whole 15 years after the fact even though both under 16 he is now in trouble.. Could you imagine what some vindictive ex gf's would do with that!!

I lost my virginity way before 16 but no, myself and the people I have slept with (who where all over 16 while I was under 16) never been arrested or anything.

That sounds very dangerous about the whole 15 years after the fact even though both under 16 he is now in trouble.. Could you imagine what some vindictive ex gf's would do with that!!

I was thinking the same.. I think you should only have so long to report something like that. I know how much it can ruin someone's life. The guy i know had a child and now social services have to be involved because he's on the sex offenders register. He can't be left alone with his own child without someone being notified.

Mazzy that's awful! Surely in that situation where they were both the same age no one is to blame. The justice system in this country really annoys me sometimes:growlmad: Makes me worried for someone I know who had a girl lie to him about her age a few years ago, she told him she was 16 (he was 17 at the time) and it turns out she wasn't:( it's scary that even all these years later she could go to the police and get him done for it even though he beleived she was of the age of consent and wouldn't have gone near her if he knew the truth.

i fell pregnant at 14 and by bf was 16 at the time, and the only way something would happen is if i said i didn't want to. that's all it is. nothing really happens

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->