Our baby is actually going to be nameless please help

Boo44

Mummy of 2 boys
Reaction score
Slightly dramatic title!

We really can't come up with any names and it's stressing me out. I had two lists and have gradually gone off most of the names!

The main worry is a boys name as we used Jack James and they are my favourite names. My husband insists whichever name we use, we have to have the full version on a birth certificate. That basically rules out my favourite boys names : Freddie and Archie, as the full names are not what I would choose. I can't imagine telling people our little bundle of joy is called Frederick or Archibald...

Girls my favourite is Lily. OH liked Livvy (Olivia) but his friend has just named their girl that. We're not that upset but it's yet another name off the list lol.

I am a really girly girl and the idea of naming a girl really excites me but for some reason I can't think of anything! I had a fantastic baby name book which gave me some great ideas last time but I've leant it to someone and can't remember who.

We like old fashioned names for both sexes. I like cute girly nicknames. It has to go with Jack (i.e. Not too unusual!) and our surname starts with S so all S names are out I think...

Thanks for reading if you got this far!

How about Archer, nn Archie?? and something like Lilliana/Lilliella and you could still use nn Lily?

other suggestions:

Joseph - Joe
Oliver - Olly
Thomas - Tommy
Samuel - Sam/Sammy

Rosalie - Rose/Rosie
Isabelle/bella - Izzy/Belle/Bella
Sophia (no nn)
Evangeline - Evie
Madeleine - Maddie

Elisabeth, Libby
Esme
Natalie
Anna
Lucy
Madeline
Rose
Grace
Eliza, leelee
Elise
Brooke, brookie
Isabel, izzy
Lisa
Olivia, olli

Jack & Frederick (Freddie) sounds adorable!

I see nothing wrong with the name Frederick, and you can always introduce him as Freddie, but I can't see a grown man Freddie, but more so Fred or Frederick.
I agree Archibald is out there, especially paired with Jack. Jack & Archer sounds okay, but honestly I think Archie is too different compared to Jack.
I'd suggest Frederick (Freddie) Archer personally.

I know a girl named Livinnia (sp?) pronounced Luh-vinn-e-uh who goes by the nn Livvy. Jack & Livinnia doesn't sound that bad IMO.
Lillianna or Lillith are also nice alternatives to Lily.

Depending on your exact surname I don't think you should rule out S names altogether...Sometimes the alliteration sounds nice. My name for example is an alliteration of RRR and I think flows rather nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->