Our birth story

bibswy

MUMMY OF 2!
Reaction score
contractions began 10:00 am Wed 14th Jan becoming regular at 16:00pm. Managed at home until midnight then went to hospital. I was only 2cm dilated so back home we came. At 04:00am on 15th Jan we went back to hospital as the pain had really stepped up a gear. I was only 3cm but they kept us in as i was in alot of pain. Went straight on gas and air. I wanted a water birth but they don't let you in until 5cm so i had a bath instead. Lasted 5 mins in the bath... i was in too much pain. Then I had meptide injection which took the edge off and i felt a bit calmer. Midwife advised me to move around as much as poss but all i could do was grip the sheets with each contrtaction - i felt so tense. Midwife decided to break my waters and then discovered baby had pooed inside me. We were put on monitor and all was well with babba. My contactions were regustering really strong. I was a mess trying to cope with pain. This continued til lunchtime when i was checked... i had hardly progressed and i felt so deflated. I then had epidural - I was crying in agony, still sucking hard on the gas and air. Epidutal kicked in and it was such a relief! I was then put on hormone drip to dilate me further. I got really excited that I had progressed to 7 cm at my next check! Only 3 to go! OH and I managed to catnap. Then after another six hours the effect of the epidural started to wear off. I kept pressing the boost button but i could feel contractions again and they were massive. After all that time i was expecting that it must soon be time to push but when they checked i was still 7 cm - after six hours of hormone drip!! Her head was really low but i was just not open enough. Then came the news that i'd need a caesarean :cry: I lost the plot and was really upset and so tired. OH was crying but a real rock for me. They did a spinal and wheeled me into the theatre. I dod't know why but pain relief just wasn;t working... i felt them cut me open and pull the first layer open. I shouted that i could feel it and it was hurting. They then told my OH to leave theatre and put me under a general anesthetic really quickly. The next thing i knowI was woke up by a nurse. I didn't realise why i was there. She told me i'd had a little girl - i'd forgotten that i was having a baby!! She was out of me for an hour before i even woke up. I was taken to her and my OH and, after i'd thrown up, we had our first cuddle!

It was totally worth it even though we had such a hard time. Billie-Mae is here!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Well done you, sounds like you went through the mill but she's worth it I bet. ALl the best with her! x

I'm glad everything worked out in the end! Congratulations!

Bless you babe:hugs:

Congratulations

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back