Our boy name

rachmumtobe

Reaction score
Found out today that we're having our second little boy :) and think we've decided on the name Laurence Eric then surname

Both names are family names and he'll be brother to a Finley

What do you all think? xx

Is it pronounced LaurEHnce, or LaurAHnce? Either way, I love it :thumbup: Lawrence was my grandpa's name and would love to use it as a middle name.

I went out with a very handsome Laurie in my teens - so I am a fan :) x

Do you think it's a name that ages well? I'm not too bothered about it suiting a newborn as they're so cute they can get away with anything IMO x

Lovely! Will he be a Laurence or a Laurie day-to-day? I think it's a name that definitely ages well x

At the minute I can't see myself calling him Laurie, although I think it's a really cute nn. I was the same with Finley though, because it wasn't a name I'd used a lot growing up it didn't feel natural to say. I've worked with a Loz though and think I'll find myself saying Fin and baby Loz when I'm not saying Laurence.

Maybe that won't last though because I do think Laurie is a lot nicer x

Defo ages well - I've seen it.

I know a Loz (my age - 30s / a little Laurie 4 / and an old Laurie 80sih...) xx

Thanks all :) I've started calling him Laurence rather than just baby now so slowly getting used to it x

It's not my personal taste, but there's nothing wrong with the name and goes well with his sibling :thumbup: congratulations on your little boy :)

I should really know this but is the nn Laurie said Lorry or Lawree? x

One of my closest friends is a Lawrence and his nickname is Lol which really suits him, I love the name x

I really like Laurence, it's my DH's middle name :thumbup:

Laurie is said like lorry I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"