Our cat ate our moses basket

Tami

Mum of one
Reaction score
Seriously, he chewed that sucker up good, all around the top. I can't believe it! He has plenty of things bought specially for him to chew on, but nooo! :haha:

I'm starting to think maybe we should just use a cot outright, what if he chews the moses basket while the baby is in there!?? :crib:

I'm a very light sleeper so the possibility I wouldn't hear him lurking around is slim but still!

When I first noticed this morning I was holding back tears so my OH wouldn't realise how upset I really was, now I'm laughing, but still, BAD KITTY! :brat:

He's lucky I love him to bits!

https://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/Tag2290/070520132011.jpg

Look at that butter wouldn't melt expression! :dohh:

Its has to be something about the smell of the them, was it a wicker one?
Our cat used to love rubbing his chin on the one we had for LO and always looked so stoned and happy when doing it :)
We also had a small wicker chair that the cat kept chewing on and rubbing his face on.

Our cat chews wicker too! One of the reasons we didn't get a moses basket this time.

Lovely cat Tami x

My cat chews anything wicker too - we can't have baskets at our house unless they are up high and behind doors- lol. Your cat is sooo cute!

We bought a gliding crib for our room as I worried about him either chewing it, or using it as one giant scratching post. A friend then sold me hers to use downstairs for £5. It's shut away from him at the moment, but I have heard they're appetising to cats!! x

Oh no bad kitty!!!! How naughty!

Hope it's not too badly damaged? Xx

It is indeed a wicker one! I wish I'd researched it before hand, lol. He did look rather satisfied with himself! If it's not fixable he can have it as a sort of bed, lol.
Oh ladies, so many of you with this problem, why didn't I just ask!

I think we should be able to fix it, I daren't look again, will face it later. :haha:

He's lovely when he's sleeping, but he's recently taken to running around the house like a madman and tripping people up, especially his daddy. :haha:

xxx

You know what, now that I think about it I should have seen this coming...my mum has a big wicker vase and when he was there he was always attempting to "kill it", lol.

Do they make non wicker moses baskets? Struggling to find one!

I laughed when I read this post:flower: Naughty kitties are always the cutest.

I am sorry to say I did have a little giggle at this, so sorry he decided to make your moses basket a chew toy :( we decided in the end not to get a moses basket as I was worried about our dog jumping up to see baby & possibly knocking it over (he can open the bedroom doors if they are closed too!).

Don't worry ladies, I'm laughing too..now, lol.
Hmm would it be better for us to go straight to a cot?

I am going straight to a cot. We will be using a safababy cot divider to make it smaller x

We just went straight with a cot bed. It is massive!

I've got a basket hun but its for downstairs sleeping.

Millie will be into her cot bed upstairs from birth sleeping in her Sleepy Head mattress xx

Little humbug :haha: Luckily our 7 cats aren't allowed in our bedroom so haven't yet had the chance to eat the moses basket! We do have a wicker unit type thing in our lounge that they have clawed to death and like to eat the bits that poke out! Good job our pets are sooo damn cute xx

Don't you just love cats!

Our Moses basket is current locked away. You've got me wondering what they will make of the lovely dark wicker now hmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->