our cat's had kittens... advice needed please!!

MummyMummy

Reaction score
we got 2 cats, both girlies a lil while ago for baby, when they were babies and we moved into an appartment so couldn't take them so hadto leave them at nans. anyway 1 has had kittens! :D 2 kitties a ginger and white 1 and black and white 1! i'm not sure what we are gonna do with them as nan and grandad don't want 4 cats (i'm assuming) and we still live in same appartment, although i might bring 1 here... or maybe both as they are super small, so wont take up much room but unsure of having pet with a new born kwim? as you can prob tell i'm not an animal person, but did very well when had other cats, and quickly got used to them and felt confident enough that they wouldn't eat my hand :lol:

i haven't a clue what to do with brand new kittens though, as when we bought ours they were around 2months old. don't know how to look after them? any advice?

thankyou for any help!!
xXx

Kittens are pretty easy to look after till they are running about - they will need a warm nest for mummy to join them in, with paper underneath that can be easily changed twice a day as they piddle etc like mad. They wont need any supplementary feeding for a few weeks, and if mummy is good, she will teach them to use the litter tray as well xxx

I was about to say the same as BoofleBump. When our cat had kittens we just made sure they had somewhere safe and warm to sleep where Cleo wanted them to be - which for us was behind the sofa - and pretty much left them to it.

She was a really good mum and it was only when they starting running around that we had to kitten proof the house!

xxx

Our cat decided that outside in the farm buildings was where she wanted to have heres.....stupid mare. How none of them got flattened by a tractor once they started running around I have no idea! xxx

so don't take them away from their mum straight away? anything we have to worry/check out after them just being born? will their mum clean them? feed them herself? thanks for the help!! :D i'm so clueless!

i'm dying to see them! :D

xXx

Yup, just leave them with mum. She will feed, clean and do all the necessaries for the first month xxxx

the mum does pretty much everything for them for the first couple of months my cat had 3 kittens last june but as we are only in a very small 2 bedroom flat there was no way we could have 4 cats living here so we had to give the kittens up when they was 3 months old i felt really mean for doing this but i had no other option :(
they are sooo cute though when they are learning to walk and trying to use the litter tray for the first time etc...
they can be a handful too very mischevious :)
also my cat caught fleas :( and passed them to all the kittens which was a total nightmare clearing all 4 cats of fleas and very expensive to do it
i will say though since we had to give the kittens away my cat has acted totally different she stays out all night which she never used to do and she turned a bit nasty to people she doesnt know which she never used to be like i think she has turned in to a bit of a rebel lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->