Our ERGObaby arrived - is the infant insert really neccessary?

Cloe

Reaction score
If not, can I use a normall swaddeling blanket or blanket as an insert??? Any experience with that? BTW, from what age onwards are we allowed/ is it healthy for the baby to be carried around in the ERGO? I heard something about 4 months, is that true?

Please share your thoughts. :flower:

Cloe :shipw:

I would use the insert, not a blanket. The insert is meant to fit in there with a floppy newborn and not become a hazard for them - I'd worry a blanket would bunch up or they'd get their face jammed in there wrong and have a hard time breathing (but, this is paranoid mom in me, lol!).

With the NB insert, you can use the ergo from birth, without. . .I think I've heard 4 months as well.

That said, you could also consider a moby wrap instead for until your LO is big enough to be in the ergo? Baby wearing is especially important in the first months, and the moby or a sling aren't terribly expensive.

I just got mine out of the box to try with my newborn, he seems so tiny i can"t imagine not using it. Will let you know how it goes :)

YES!!! I just tried mine out with my newborn. THere is no way to use it without the insert. The LOs are just too tiny and scrunched up. I thought the insert was strange - but my little guy LOVES it. He slept in it for a bit this afternoon. It was a bit expensive but I know i need to use the carrier this summer so I registered for it. Hope this helps! You will LOVE your ERGO!! I can't wait to use it again tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->