Our little Lily is here!

MrsA2014

Reaction score
I'm only just getting round to writing this all down but our little one made her entrance on Sunday 22nd November 2015 one day after her due date.

It all started on the evening of Thursday 19th we were sitting down for dinner when I started to feel like I as getting period pains, didn't think anything of it at first until we were going to bed and I suddenly thought I've been having these for a few hours now but there was quite a bit of time between each pain so hubby got out his contraction timer and decided to keep an eye on the pains. I wasn't able to sleep through them as they would wake me up but were coming anywhere between 20mins to 90mins. Decided to go into work the next day to keep my mind off things, but at lunch time the pains were starting to feel that little more intense so I headed to my mum and dads until hubby got home (pains still very up and down time wise) We decided to head to the hospital Friday night as I was getting pains every 5-6mins when we got there I was told I was only 1cm dilated and that I should go home....

We went home because we realised this was going to be a long process and we needed to get some rest. We'd be in a bed for only about 10mins when the contractions really kicked in and were coming every 2mins, so again we headed to the hospital but as soon as we were shown to a room and I was examined they trailed off again to being anything between every 5 - 15 mins very frustrating! But they said I could stay in to see if they started up again instead of heading home, so me, hubby and my mum made ourselves as comfortable as possible ready for things to kick start! At this point it was about 2am Saturday. Basically we were up at the hospital all day all the time I was having contractions and trying to grab any sleep I could in between contractions, eventually at 8pm a midwife came to examine me and I was still only 2-3cms I was devastated, she then went on to do a stretch and sweep without warning and I went into melt down! I was then told the best thing would be to go home and try to be as relaxed as possible to get things moving.

Once again we headed back to mum and dads, hubby and mum went to bed to try and get a few hours sleep as they'd been up for hours at this point and bless my dad and sister sat up with me downstairs as I was too uncomfortable to go to bed. At about midnight I noticed the odd contractions becoming a bit more intense but didn't think anything of it, at 3am I had an almighty contraction that literally took my breath away and I felt like I couldn't cope with and just as it hit the peek I felt like I'd wet myself then suddenly realised it was actually my waters breaking! I was in so much pain from then on with contractions as they became so intense, hubby rung the hospital to tell them as they had said if my waters went I'd need to head back in because of risk of infection etc the midwife said "oh can she stay at home any longer?" My hubby took a look at me bent over the sofa groaning and said no we're coming in!

When we got there I was shown to a room where they examined me and I was finally 5cms! So at that point was told that I would be staying in until I had the baby :) I wanted to give birth in the birth centre because I really wanted a water birth but when they checked my blood pressure it was very slightly high so they decided to transfer me to labour ward (the ward next door lol) but looking back now I'm very happy because I had a really lovely midwife. I was given gas and air as the pain was becoming unbearable with just breathing through it. The gas and air was amazing, hubby and my mum had a right laugh at some of the things I was coming out with!

At about 8am apparently I started asking for an epidural and the midwife said she would put in a call to the anaesthetist (hubby is sure she never did because she knew I was close to being fully dilated) by 8.30am I was fully dilated but was told she would like me to wait an hour to give my body time to get ready to push. By 9.30am when she said I could start pushing my body had taken over and started pushing without me having any control (weirdest feeling) they said they give you an hour of pushing but then they have to let the doctors know so that they can get involved if needed. I felt like I'd been pushing for such a long time but didn't want to say anything because I really didn't want her to tell the doctors, but I did hear what I thought was someone getting forceps ready like metal clinking and that really spurred me on to get the baby out. What really helped as well was having my mum down the business end, she was amazing because when I felt like I was going to give up through exhaustion she was like no keep going I can see her head! At 10.23am Lily made her entrance after 53 minutes of pushing, she was put straight onto my chest where hubby was able to cut the umbilical cord and then she decided to poo on my chest. Talk about having a nice introduction!

They wrapped her up and handed her to hubby while they sorted me out, straight away the midwife told me that I had torn but that she had to do an internal to see if she could sort it out herself or if I'd need to go to surgery. It was so painful that part I think that was when I was most vocal, she asked the doctor to come in and take a look and she said that I'd had a third degree tear and would be going to surgery to be stitched up. At this point I was just too exhausted to care I just wanted to sleep!

But anyway they quickly whisked me off to surgery as they had a few c-sections getting ready and wanted to get me sorted first. Was actually quite nice to just lay there for that time that they were stitching me up, I couldn't believe after giving birth on just gas and air I ended up with a spinal to have to stitches! I was then taken to recovery I looked across from my bed and thought to myself oh he's a dishy doctor, he turned round and it was my hubby in scrubs! Absolutely hilarious. We eventually got taken to a ward at 5.30ish where both families came up to meet her which was lovely. Hubby was allowed to stay with me that night which I was so thankful for, and we were allowed home the next day. Was so happy to be home so we could start life the 3 of us. She is 10 weeks old this Sunday, sorry for the essay but wanted to get everything written down. Good luck to everyone close to their due date!

congratulations!! my little lady was born on the 22nd November 2015 (day before my birthday) and she is also called Lily.....lovely name :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->