Our Story

darlingdiva25

Reaction score
I have a DS who will be 5 next month. He is currently diagnosed with ADHD, Seperation Anxiety Disorder and severe Anxiety Disorder plus he has devolpmental delays. He also might have either conduct disorder OR pediatric bipolar but the jury is still out on that one.

When my youngest son was born, Gage was such a great big brother :) He helped me do a lot with Jaxon. As Jaxon got older and more independent that when I noticed a change in Gage. He started getting violent and angry all the time, especially towards Jaxon. At first I just thought it was sibling rivalry at it's worse but it reached the point where I couldn't leave Gage alone in the room with Jaxon for any length of time.

When Gage would have temper tantrums, I would call them rage fits bc he would go into such a frenzy that he would either hurt himself or hurt others. He slammed my best friends daughter's hand in her bedroom door one night bc he couldn't have ice cream after dinner. I was cleaning out my car one day and Jaxon was in the front seat pretending to drive when Gage climbed in the car and shoved him out. Jaxon had a few lacerations on his head bc of the fall. That was when I couldn't take it anymore. I had called his pediatrician several thousand times to get him in to get seen but his pediatrician never saw him. I ended making the hardest decision a parent should have to face. I had to have him admitted to Methodist Hospital for his behavior and his anger. He was admitted on July 10 and didn't get to come back home til July 15. It killed me bc he was there bc of me. I didn't know what to do. He would bite himself (to the point where he was bleeding) or bang his head against a wall when I would go to work or to go to school. That is what got the ball rolling. He was able to get into a psychiatrist and get evaulted and put on medciation to make his symptoms better and help him gain control of himself again. He is in school and does great during the school year!

Awe, sounds like you all have had a rough go. TBH, I don't really know much about those diagnosis', but my daughter is developmentally delayed. Everyone here is wonderful, and supportive so feel free to vent any time. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->