Our yellow bump becomes our Martha

claire-lou

Jack & Martha's Mummy
Reaction score
I had had Braxton hicks for weeks but nothing seemed to be happening. Then at 39+3 (Monday 20th June) I was bathing our little boy and thought boy that one was sharp, this was at 18:30 and was the beginning!!

As with my last labour the contractions started at 5 minutes apart and were painful. I bounced on the ball for 2 hours while I did the Asda shop online :rofl: I put the TENS on at about 9pm and found a film to watch. Well Joe watched it I moaned I hated it :haha: X men :rofl: I continued to sit and bounce on the ball between contractions but found the most comfortable position during them was kneeling up and leaning over it.

At about 1pm we decided to try and get some rest as I was falling asleep between the contractions. That didn't really work tho I couldn't sit still but Joe got an hour. I managed to electrocute myself with the TENS :rofl: so he decided that he better get back up. At this stage the contractions were 3 minutes apart and lasting between 50 -60 seconds. We have a 40 minute car journey to the hospital so felt it was time to contact delivery suite and think about going in. I rung them while Joe went to pick up my mum to watch our little boy (who had slept tho it all :happydance:) I had 3 contractions while on the phone and they agreed that I should go in

The journey in was as last time the worst part, I really struggled been sat still and got out of the car at the hospital while Joe parked in the maternity drop of bit as I couldn't sit there any longer.

The contractions were now 2minutes apart and lasting a minute at a time. It was 3:20 when we got onto delivery suite I was examined and found to be 2cm (I struggled not to swear :cry:) but the MW were brilliant and agreed that the contractions were coming thick and fast so suggested that I stayed for an hour and got in a warm bath, they would them re examine me after and send me home if need be at this stage. I was so grateful cos the thought of doing the journey home and back again made me feel sick and want to cry.

The birth pool was empty so they run this for me to use as a bath :cloud9: we got in at about 4:15 it was so nice and I found it a great help. I understood that in order for me to not be sent home I needed to relax and let my body do what it needed to. The MW left us alone so we turned the lights off just having the light from the car park outside and we listened to Bruno mars and kings of Leon. I found that I was sleeping between contractions

https://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww146/clairey-louy/18df1d51.jpg

We were left until 7 which I was very grateful for and I was then given the option of being examined at this stage or left for the day staff. Joe and I discussed it and decided i would be examined now so we could get home before rush hour if we needed to. I was 4cm at 7:20 and officially got in the birthing pool. At this stage I also asked for gas and air as the contractions just seemed to be on top of each other.

Everything happens a but fast here. I started to feel pressure in my bottom but only during a contraction and remember shouting I can't do this :blush: I was reassured that this ment I could and that it wouldn't be long. During one contraction I felt a pop and Joe heard it and the contraction felt like it had stopped, my waters had gone but unfortunately there was a fair amount of meconium. I had to get out so baby could be monitored. I have no idea how I managed to get out of the pool or how Joe managed to get me a t-shirt on, the next thing I remember is leaning over the bed during a contraction while the MW set up the CTG machine, I felt baby crowning and baby was born after 3 pushes. Perineum somehow remained intact and I baby was placed on my chest. I was so convinced it was a boy I never even checked :blush: the MW asked if we were gonna check what we had :rofl:

Our beautiful daughter Martha Patricia crawled up my chest and latched herself on :cloud9: while the cord stopped pulsating and I had a physiological 3rd stage :happydance: she weighed a healthy 7lb 15oz
https://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww146/clairey-louy/5e7c66f5.jpg

Beautiful Story and a beautiful little girl!!!!!

So happy for you hun and your little family, ty for being my bump buddy and I look forward to following Martha's progress :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :cloud9:

Congrats hun!! 4cm to birth in record time!! Martha clearly wanted out!! :haha:

xxxxx

Awwww :cloud9: what a lovely birth story!!!!
shes gorgeous!!! xxx

Congratulations, she is gorgeous and I'm glad your birth went well :D

Congratulations - great birth story and lovely that she crawled up and latched on herself. :cloud9:

Congratulations, she's lovely! :cloud9:

she's beautiful hun huge congrats . xxxxxxxxx

Congrats. Such a lovely birth story and a cute little girl at the end! Congrats hun
:hug:

OMG felt a bit teary reading that my friend. I am so pleased for you :cloud9:

Fabulous birth and beautiful daughter xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back