Out of curiosity - shettles method

Jbree

Reaction score
For any of you who know the sex of your baby. What day did you dtd before ovulation? Just to see if the shettles method actually has any truth. This is just for fun x

For me, the day before the day of and the day after ovulation and I got my second boy :) first pregnancy was pretty similar and we had a boy.

Day before and day of ovulation both times, we have a boy and are expecting our second boy in October.

I've been wondering the same! We find out in 4 weeks when I'll be 19 weeks. We have two little boys and both times we were trying so we dtd day before, day of, and day after ovulation plus leading up to it as well. No surprise they are boys based on shettles method. This time we were trying to prevent haha! So the one time we dtd was anywhere from 4-6 days before I O'd so I'm super curious if it's a girl....

my first was day of or day before ovulation and this time i think was the same and im having anouther boy

With my DD I wasn't charting (but DH and I both got sick, and I thought for sure I was out, as I suspected O was around when we were sick!), but with my DS1, we dtd 2 days before as well as 1 day before O, and with this little guy, we dtd the day before! I'm pretty sold on the Shettles method!

With my DD I wasn't charting (but DH and I both got sick, and I thought for sure I was out, as I suspected O was around when we were sick!), but with my DS1, we dtd 2 days before as well as 1 day before O, and with this little guy, we dtd the day before! I'm pretty sold on the Shettles method!

So you didn't dtd around O time with your girl? How many days prior do you think it was? I'm feeling pretty sold top based on all the little girls of my friends. And my two boys! I'll be really sold if this baby ends up being a girl.

I'm having a girl and we dtd 5, 3, 2, and 1 day prior to ovulation. Pretty sure it was the 1 day before ov that did it, but it really could have been any of them I guess.
My last was a boy and that one was definitely 2 days before ov.

Not over here! DTD twice on O day (I felt ovulation cramps after the first go) and we're having a little girl!

The one and ONLY time we had sex after my last period before we found out I was pregnant was Feb 15th (day after Valentine's Day lol) and we're having a girl. Hope that help!

I was trying for my ds so dtd around ovulation but this pregnancy was a surprise and I'm having girls x

It only claims to be 70 - 90% effective (rate is higher for boys) so by the sounds of it its quite accurate to its rating?? Interesting though xx

5 and 2 days before and 2 days after and we are having a girl. X

We only DTD once (anywhere within my fertile week) and it was on the day I supposedly ovulated-- the day after I got a positive OPK. At 16 weeks we found out the baby was a girl, and hopefully our next scan will confirm that. I'm pretty sure that our results are the opposite of what the Shettles method would expect.

I'm interested in finding out how accurate it is for all you lovely ladies. I won't find out for another 3 weeks if it's right for us but I hope it is.

we did it 4 days prior to ovulation and we having a girl ...

Both girls...both times only had sex 5-6 days before ovulation

Just confirmed yesterday that baby is still a girl. Only had sex on ovulation day. :)

We dtd (as far as i remember) a couple days before O and then day of and i think day after O and we're having a girl ☺️

We had sex every day over ovulation as were not ttc and was a dirty weekend lol so no idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->