Out with the old...

D

Donna35

Is anyone else having a massive clearout of toys etc before Christmas? I did mine the other day the difference in the room is AMAZING

Before

052.jpg

One hour, one napping child and 4 big black bags full for the charity shop later...

053.jpg

He loves it now he plays in there all the time, has plenty of room too. I got rid of anything babyish or that he doesn't play with.

All ready for Santa now.:xmas4::xmas10::xmas7::xmas5::xmas3:

Wow.. u were busy lol. We dont have a playroom so his are in toy boxes the living room and bigger toys in 2 cupboards under the stairs which he brings in and out as he pleases. We done our clearout last year start of december of all his 'baby' toys and things with pieces missing etc. I think he has another year or 2's use out of the toys he has at the minute, so proabably no clearout this year just another massive toy box to add to the collection :haha:

Wow.. u were busy lol. We dont have a playroom so his are in toy boxes the living room and bigger toys in 2 cupboards under the stairs which he brings in and out as he pleases. We done our clearout last year start of december of all his 'baby' toys and things with pieces missing etc. I think he has another year or 2's use out of the toys he has at the minute, so proabably no clearout this year just another massive toy box to add to the collection :haha:

We don't either lol that's his bedroom. Can just about see his bed behind all the junk in first pic and I moved it to other side of the room afterwards. He hasn't noticed anything missing lol. I'm glad I did it - hoping it gets him in to sleep in his room soon too. And it'll provide loads of toys to charity shop for other kids:thumbup:

Oh btw that isnt the way I let him keep his room permanently that's after he was in the day before playing and chucked everything around. I do tidy up in there:haha:just in case anyone thinks I'm a scruff:haha:

Haha that's a huge difference :) His room looks so cute now! :)
Such a good idea as someone else will get the use out of the toys he wouldn't use then :)

:haha: I dont think your a scruff lol. Should see my livingroom after the toy boxes have been emptied everywhere! Nightmare!

Yeah your so thoughtful to give them the charity :) The only reason i havnt before is that theyre usually broken, covered in crayon etc lol.

Hopefully he sleeps in there for you now :)

Haha that's a huge difference :) His room looks so cute now! :)
Such a good idea as someone else will get the use out of the toys he wouldn't use then :)

Yeah that's what I thought. They're all in perfect condition so wouldn't just chuck them out. Be nice to think of someone else having them. My mam has told me now not to give them to charity shop she says she knows someone who'd need them and love them. Either way they'll go to a good home.:thumbup:

:haha: I dont think your a scruff lol. Should see my livingroom after the toy boxes have been emptied everywhere! Nightmare!

Yeah your so thoughtful to give them the charity :) The only reason i havnt before is that theyre usually broken, covered in crayon etc lol.

Hopefully he sleeps in there for you now :)

There were only a few broken he's quite good with his toys - chucks them around but manages not to break them lol - so a handful went in the bin.

I hope so too he takes over my kingsize bed:haha:

I did it with my books one year and gave in 2 suitcases of books to charity shops :haha:
I've been trying not to gather too many since, I keep giving them to other people when I know I don't want to read them again :)

im trying but its really difficult as he doesnt nap anymore so i try and get rid of things while he starts playing with them :dohh: i reaaallly need to do it soon tho! x

The things in the living room were done not long ago for his second birthday and he still plays with all of it but i'll have a sort out of the toys in his room before christmas as theres some stuff there that can go in the loft to keep for the next one or go to OHs sisters baby xx

I get so sentimental I'm struggling!

I had a chucking out sesh earlier, they were everywhere and half of it sh never plays with! just silly x x

I need the time to do the same!!

The kids have so many bits and pieces that they don't use/need anymore. Its just when I do get the time, I don't have the energy.

pfffft....his room looks great though :lol:

:D

I've gotten rid of a load too, the charity shop will be pleased. I keep coming back with more stuff though :blush:

We threw 95% of our belongings when we moved house and that's no exaggeration!

I'm in the process of doing this too. Tidied out the living room yesterday, bought little stacking boxes with dinosaurs on, put in a little table and chairs and sorted out the toys. Made such a difference and is much more toddler friendly. Their bedroom is also in the process of a make-over. Stacking drawers in, new car play mat, cots re-arranged... The hard bit is keeping it all in order!

I need to do this Frankie has far too many toys he's growing out of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->