Outgrowing car seat at three months?

we have a mamas and papas primo, LO is just 7mths and weighs 20lb she has been scrunched for a while, feet overhanging (I know this isn't an indicator) and head at the top of the seat (this is) BUT she was still underweight / age at that point.
the primo IMO is a poor car seat, I would never ever recommend it.
you cant remove the padding in mine without butchering the seat which I then worry was it safe to hack with scissors and leave the seat uncovered?
the straps are as far as they will go.
my LO is also very long, I think that is the issue.
we have borrowed a friends maxi cosi for the time being and she sits perfect.
no way was I going to buy another baby carrier for a few weeks.
not impressed with our seat at all x

Eeeeks, we have the Mamas and Papas Primo...:dohh:...Seems to be a common thing with them not being big enough.

I stand no chance then...at 3 months Amber weighs 14lbs!! :haha:

I've just opened up a bit on the back of our carseat (Maxi Cosi Pebble) and there's a bit that allows you to move the shoulder straps higher up :thumbup:

I had no idea about this at all until I read this thread just now with some of you saying about adjusting straps. Findlay is 69.5cm but only 13 1/2lbs when he was weighed the other week so he's going to be in his infant seat for aaaaaaages yet so it's good to know that I can make the shoulder straps higher when I need to. YAY for BnB :happydance:

What about extended rear facing car seats? Should be safer then moving up to the next size of car seat.

I thought Poppy was growing out of her Maxi cosi pebble too, and I'd read in the instructions that the new born insert is meant to come out and 4+ months. I googled it though, and most people seem to remove them at 2-3. She seems much happier in there now I have. They should have a weight/height for it instead of an age, age means nothing really!

Ours outgrew at 4 months. I bought an extended rear facing car seat. It's a MyRide 65 but I don't know if those are available in the UK

I would take it back!! If it has a max weight/age and your lo is nowhere near then send it back. It isn't fit for purpose! I have a maxicosi and I think I am ready to take the newborn support out now :thumbup:

Eeeeks, we have the Mamas and Papas Primo...:dohh:...Seems to be a common thing with them not being big enough.

I stand no chance then...at 3 months Amber weighs 14lbs!! :haha:

Daisy was 17lbs at 12 weeks and she's still in hers now :)

My carseat has adjustable strap buckles that allow to extend the straps - these parts are underneath the carseat.

I think if LO is nowhere near the max height/weight then maybe there are adjustments you can make to give extra room.

My carseat also had a head-hugger and insert that both could be removed.

Anna is still in hers at 12+ months - no ideal what weight she is but it should do the 15months estimated age for most infant carriers:flower:

Elizabeth is 17 weeks, about 67cm tall/long and about 17lb, so pretty big!!! We have a Mamas and Papas Primo Viaggio seat and it still has some bigger adjustments. It is a heavy seat, which I'm not so keen on, but hopefully will do her size wise till 9 months....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->