outgrowing moses basket - THE NIGHT OF THE EVIL COT

Carolyn

Reaction score
she's very long and the basket is nearly to short for her, i think it may be contributing to her not wanting to sleep in it. (!)

the cot is in the nursery and will not fit in our room, and she's too young to sleep by herself imho.

shall i get a travel cot instead? if, so which would you recommend and why?

thanks

not sure if there meant to sleep in travel cots for long as they dont have proper mattress but buy a crib there bigger than a moses basket smaller than a cot my son fit in his till her was sitting up about 6-7 months old

Tegan's nearly outgrown her moses basket too. Lol

zane still fits in his basket he just hates sleeping in it so i find he sleeps with us alot.

how many times doe she get up at night cuz im sure if u get a baby monitor she will be fine by herself

zane still fits in his basket he just hates sleeping in it so i find he sleeps with us alot.

how many times doe she get up at night cuz im sure if u get a baby monitor she will be fine by herself

well at the mo she won't go to sleep at all by herself!!! yet in our bed she's in the land of nod in under a minute. move her, she wakes up. thought a travel cot would be better than basket cos she moves her arms and legs around loads and keeps banging the side of the basket.

the one i'm looking at has reviews from people who've bought it, they've said they use it all the time...

ur her mum n u no best if u wana use a travel cot then go for it :)

View attachment 5794
Winner of Prima Baby Readers Awards Best Buy November 2004, Babyworld Best Buy and Best Value awards November 2005.

A practical and comfortable travel cot than can also be used at home.

Quick, easy umbrella set up and folding thanks to folding buttons.

7 legs on the bottom for perfect stability, of which 2 have wheels.

Raised bassinet suitable for use up to 6.5 kg (3 months).

Bassinet mattress vibrates gently (on a timer) to soothe your baby.

Mesh sides for visibility.

Detachable control box for night light, music and vibration.

Carry bag included with holes for the wheels for easy transportation, and a handy side pocket for the accessories.

Bassinette level for young babies up to 6.5kg.

Cot top changer.

Detachable toy bar.

Night light.

Music.

Timer.

Vibrating mattress.

Requires 1 x D battery, and 3 x AA batteries, not supplied.

Can be sponge cleaned.

Suitable from birth to 15kg.

Assembled size (H)90.5, (L)104.8, (W)72.4cm.

Folds into carrying bag.

Folded size (L)27.5, (W)27.5, (D)85.5cm

Weight 13kg.

Hi Hun, My daughter hates her moses basket so I bought a crib for her until she is old enuff to go in her own room/cotbed.

I got its from kiddicare.com and it was around 40 quid, mattress 11.99 from same place.... its very long and she loves it..... example pic below for ya which I just took xx

She was 52cm long when born and is around 54/55cm now and she is laid in the middle in this pic... crib is around 94cm in length. x

It either swings or stays still with bolts x

Attachments

• DSC00567 bnb.jpg
    DSC00567 bnb.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 23
yeah like i mentioned crib is probably best but in the long run a travel cot as youl need to use it when baby is older too i sometimes use mine as a playpen if i have to wash the pots or nip out the room quickly so i know baby is safe lol but yeah my son has his travel cot in our room for when im getting dressed as hes on the go now but he was in our room in a crib till 7 months then went into his cot in his own room

I think a travel cot would be fine. We can just fit Alasdair's cot into our room but if we hadn't been able to, we'd go for the travel cot! I think Clairebear said that Jack slept better in his travel cot than he did in his moses :)

moving the chest out of our room, putting cot in! saves money and gets her used to her grown up bed! result. oh's idea.

glad you've found the solution! Hope it's easier to move than ours was. OH had to take it apart...he says we're not moving him into his own room until we move house (probably when he's a year old) lol but I'm going to make him move it when he's 6 months...if I can cope!

I think a travel cot would be fine. We can just fit Alasdair's cot into our room but if we hadn't been able to, we'd go for the travel cot! I think Clairebear said that Jack slept better in his travel cot than he did in his moses :)

yep we have a travel cot in our room for jack he loves it sleeps so much better. he has a cot bed in his nursery so that defo wouldnt fit in our room. x

Im in the same situation hun... I was just going to use the travel cot that was donated to us!!??!

I think using a travel cot at home is just fine...:)

But I'm glad you guys found a solution,sounds great!

yep we have a travel cot in our room for jack he loves it sleeps so much better. he has a cot bed in his nursery so that defo wouldnt fit in our room. x

good :) we have cotbed too!! It looks so huge compared to lil courtney lol!!

some one i know works for mother care and she said babys r never supposed to sleep in a travel cot as a long term thing because the mattress is different or something like that i cant remember exactly what she said sorry lol

some one i know works for mother care and she said babys r never supposed to sleep in a travel cot as a long term thing because the mattress is different or something like that i cant remember exactly what she said sorry lol

apparently loads of babies do though...on here, in 'real' life and the ladies who reviewed the travel cot. is it because the matress has meet 'reguations'? i'm sure the manufacturers have cottoned on to this...? also, it's a travel cot, so when you travel you use it, what about if you travel for a reaaaaally long time???i'm being pedantic i know...especially since i'm not even buying one now!:rofl:

arghhhhhh...
i've been up since 2.30am:cry::cry:

10.30 feed on top of our bed, we fall aslep til 2.30am.:dohh:

feed, she goes to sleep. i pick her up. put her in cot. she sleeps for 40 mins.
fusses, frets, makes noises like a cat (doesn't cry...) oh says 'shouldnt you go get her...????' wtf. go to get her, she's turned around??, from length ways to width ways...wtf again.

feed her, she actually seemed hungry. i felt her neck and chest, not overly warm...she goes to sleep, i pick her up etc in cot for half an hour.

this time i feed her sitting up, again she seems hungry and not overly warm.

i repeat this , REPEATEDLY, until i fall asleep crying, her next to me, oblivious and dead to the world.

oh woke up this morning and said, 'the cot thing didn't go well then?' wtf???? made me feel like crap.

and i kept coughing all night long too, which made oh huff and puff. he denies this this morning.

so, was she:
too cold
too hungry
woken up by the coughing
scared by the strange bed
a bugger who prefers sleeping in mummy's bed bcause that's the habit the bad mummy's let her slip into....:blush:but more like:cry:

advise?

:hug: this sounds like Jay last night :( only he had trapped wind thrown into the mix too and was :hissy:

Hope she sleeps better tonight, she may just need to get used to her new bed :hug:

I just wanted to say we have a graco contour electra travel cot in our room that Jay sleeps in (sometimes :lol:). I've found it to be great and it is marketed as being a daily cot for newborns. We bought it to use until he moves into his cotbed in the nursery and then as a playpen in the lounge, but it will also be useful when we stay with friends / family :D

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->