• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ov/AF after the pill - how long?

Elhaym

It's a girl :)
Reaction score
Hey ladies :) I was just wondering, for those of you who use/used the pill, how long did it take for you to get your first AF after stopping it? I know it can vary hugely and every woman is different, but I'm just trying to get an idea. It sounds daft but I'm so excited at the idea of actually ov'ing for the first time in 11 years! Bought some OPKs to try out just to see if everything is working as it should be. :blush:

I had irregular, heavy and painful periods before the pill, so I'm kind of worried they'll come back too. :wacko:

last time i was on the pill it took around 6 weeks i think for periods to return. I was on the mini pill. I think it can be anything from 4 to 8 weeks possibly, not sure. I would say though if nothing after about 6 weeks to take a test.

Yeah that sounds like a good idea. I've only been pill free for just over a week so not worried yet! :D

Hiya :thumbup: i came of the bcp in June, had a withdraw bleed about a week after then 40days later af arrived. Im now on day 38 since the last af and unsure when it will come! I have also been using opk and had a positive yesterday! Been having bad cramps yesterday and today, felt like sharp stitch pains shooting up the sides too so must be ovulation :shrug:
What pill were you on and for how long?
I was on marvelon for aprox 3yrs x

Hiya, I was on microgynon for 11 years, withdrawal bleed was last week so I was meant to start a new pack Friday just gone. Got some OPKs too!

i came off the pill in November last year and my AF arrived xmas day - so i think i was roughly 38 days? i was charting too so i could see that i had OV'd

Thanks all - I can see mine coming in 4 weeks, when I'm meant to be having a weekend at a friends in London! D'oh!

I came off the pill in July, had a withdraw bleed and then have been pretty lucky in that I seem to have had a reasonably normal AF in August, and then what I'm pretty sure was OVing last week (since we were at it like rabbits!). Following my cycle using an app on my phone, but other than that not charting. FYI I was on Microgynon, and then Mercillon, for a total of about 2.5 - 3 years after a short lived and disastrous time with the implant.

Elhaym your situation sounds v similar to mine. I was on microgynon for a good few years and then stopped in July. I had a withdrawal bleed as usual and then 14 days later I was fairly sure I'd o'd. 28 days later AF arrived. This was all a bit of a shock since my cycles were all over the place before I started on the BCP - cycles 5-6 or more weeks long and then periods of 5-7 days.

But this month I've started using OPK's on day 11 and no +ve. Now I don't know if it was early and I missed it or I haven't started o-ing again after the BCP. All v confusing.

But my hubby has been away with work since day 11 and I'd kind of thought this month was out as a result. But if the O was early, maybe.. just maybe!!

I took my last pill on the 9th of August, and then had my withdrawal bleed starting on the 13th of August. I'm now on CD 33 and waiting for AF!

I took my last pill on the 9th of August, and then had my withdrawal bleed starting on the 13th of August. I'm now on CD 33 and waiting for AF!

my first AF took 38 days to appear (real AF, not withdrawl) 2nd cycle was 37 and i got my BFP on my 3rd cycle

Thanks ladies, very helpful! Looks like 4-6 weeks is the average. Got a thermometer and OPKs coming in the post so will be checking for ov over the next couple of weeks. :)

(btw, congrats on your pregnancy pichi - not long to go now! ;) )

Hi Elhaym - I came off the pill in July also. My first cycle was 32 days but I'm currently on cycle day 36 - hoping AF is making an appearance soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->