OV Cramps

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Swanny, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Swanny

Swanny Well-Known Member

Does anyone else get them really bad? I've had cramps for 5 days now, to the point where I need a hot water bottle to ease them. Got a + OPK yesterday and today so hopefully it will be done with soon but is it normal to cramp so much?

2. serendippy

serendippy TTC no1

Yeh i get them sometimes..some months are better than others tho..normally get them for about 2 days right around o time. Its weird really becos before TTC i never ever noticed them lol

3. Swanny

Swanny Well-Known Member

I think I used to get them for about a day or so before TTC but back then I was on the pill so everything was less painful then. Just I've been reading about ov cramps mitzer(somthing) can't remember the name but it says they should last a few hours doesn't mention 5 days lol.

4. serendippy

serendippy TTC no1

Lol im not sure ive ever had them for that length of time either but i guess it can take a fair few days to build up to ovulating so id imagine its not that uncommon.

I think to be honest what u read on the net and google etc is a kinda guideline but it can all vary from person to person.

5. joyalan

joyalan Well-Known Member

I never really noticed OV cramps either until I began TTC. Last month I had them for about 30 minutes one night, and then about 24hours later I received a positive OPK on an AM tinkle. Later that day I had about 1 hour of cramps at lunch time. This month, I have no OV cramps, even though I got a total of 2 positive OPK's yesterday. (I do currently have some stomach issues/diarrhea, which is typical for me at ovulation). So it seems to me that OV cramping varies month to month. 5 days of strong cramping does seem a excessive, though.