ovarian cyst

Ethereal

Reaction score
Hi all

At my 12 week scan there was a 6cm cyst on my left ovary.

I have polycystic ovaries but 6cm is the biggest I've ever had! Measured bigger than baby at the scan lol.

She said it wont cause any problems for baby, but it might cause me some discomfort, which admittedly it does from time to time.

I'm going for a follow up ultrasound a week today to see if it has grown or failed to shrink and if it has to talk about what to do next.

I've read that surgery can be done in the second trimester but I'm honestly really scared about any type of surgery, especially on my ovary while I'm pregnant!!!

Has anyone had any experience?

Hi. I had ovarian cysts on my first pregnancy. The bigger one was first seen around 7 weeks and was around 8cm. They scanned me regularly to keto an eye on it and it did get bigger. I had a tumour marker blood test which was normal. We discussed the possibility of surgery in the second trimester but both I and consultant felt it was better just to keep a watchful eye.

Around 28 weeks they told me it was getting smaller and was no longer a concern.

I had an emergency c section (nothing to do with the cyst) and they found it had actually grown to 12cm. They had to drain it to close me up.
A follow up scan 6 months pp showed the cyst had returned and was 10cm. I had keyhole surgery to remove it and it hasn't returned since.

The cyst never caused me any problems. No bad pain and no complications affecting the baby.

I have a cyst not in pregnancy tho. It was just before I fell pregnant. Mine burst & I had to have major surgery to have my ovary regraphed. I had 750mls of blood loose in my abdomen. I do believe this is pretty rare tho. I also have pcos. Glad they are keeping an eye on it 😄. I get cyst come and go a lot. At my 8week scan I had 9 folical cysts at 1 time. All the best Hun. Sure by the next scan it will have either gone or got a lot smaller x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->