Ovarian cysts and hcg levels

Rumpskin

Free to try again!
Reaction score
Hi

Can having an ovarian cyst in early pregnancy affect hcg readings?

Has anyone had any experience of this?

Thanks x

Doesn't appear to have affected mine, I don't know exactly what my HCG levels have been but tests got progressively darker & i got 3+ weeks on a digi at 4+6.

Are you worried about your levels?

Doesn't appear to have affected mine, I don't know exactly what my HCG levels have been but tests got progressively darker & i got 3+ weeks on a digi at 4+6.

Are you worried about your levels?

Thanks lovely, my hcg results are increasing but no where near doubling. Scan result is inconclusive and I am being rescanned on Friday and have another blood test. They found a cyst on my ovary and I have read that levels can increase with a cyst. X

I don't know if a cyst can affect levels doubling but very rarely a cyst can produce hcg. With one of my ectopics the radiologist couldn't find anything and he wrote on the report that it was a cyst producing it...thankfully my doctor thought he was wrong and kept sending me for scans until they found the pregnancy. I hope everything is fine for you, it's so scary. :hugs: Can I ask what your levels have been?

I don't know if a cyst can affect levels doubling but very rarely a cyst can produce hcg. With one of my ectopics the radiologist couldn't find anything and he wrote on the report that it was a cyst producing it...thankfully my doctor thought he was wrong and kept sending me for scans until they found the pregnancy. I hope everything is fine for you, it's so scary. :hugs: Can I ask what your levels have been?

Thank you. Levels went from 3800 to 4300 - not good :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->