Ovarian cysts?

Reaction score
I've been having trouble with ovarian cysts the last year or so, apparently ovulating through my birth control as I understand that's how they develop. I (jokingly) had this theory that once I got off BC and ready to TTC, I'd be pregnant as soon as hubs looked at me. XD

We've now started on our first TTC cycle. Well, we've gotten our BDs in right before, on, and after my OD, and now we're playing the waiting game!

Anyway, the question is, did you find getting pregnant easier, harder, or neither after ovarian cysts? What should I expect?

I've been having trouble with ovarian cysts the last year or so, apparently ovulating through my birth control as I understand that's how they develop. I (jokingly) had this theory that once I got off BC and ready to TTC, I'd be pregnant as soon as hubs looked at me. XD

We've now started on our first TTC cycle. Well, we've gotten our BDs in right before, on, and after my OD, and now we're playing the waiting game!

Anyway, the question is, did you find getting pregnant easier, harder, or neither after ovarian cysts? What should I expect?

This post really confuses me..

Generally when you have PCOS, you have trouble ovulating or do not ovulate at all. This makes it a lot harder for women to get pregnant. However, since you managed to ovulate even while on birth control and you've been able to pin point when you're ovulating this cycle, I'm sure you should have no problem conceiving.

You can have ovarian cysts and not be diagnosed or have pcos. A year after I had my son I was in excruciating pain for weeks went to the er found our I had two ovarian cysts on one ovary and a small one on the other ..... The Dr simply gave me pain medicine and said they would go away on their own nothing to worry about this was in 2006. They went away and my periods were unbearablebvery painful for about six months. Then it went away. At my preconception appt with my Dr....I talked with her about it and how I was scared the cysts had hurt my fertility. She said its nothing to worry about it....many women experience cystson ocassion. And go on to have healthy pregnancy and babies. It runs in my family the cysts on ovaries....but all the women in my family still have kids. Granted I'm ttc with a new partner for month 11 ..... I ovulate regularly and my cycles are clockwork. I think u shouldn't worry try for a yr then talk to ur Dr. Good luck.

Thanks, ladies! Yeah, not PCOS at all, just ovarian cysts. I'm amazed that they continue to tell me that it's safe and won't harm your health when it hurts SO MUCH! =p

Part of the therapy during the past year was taking a higher-hormone birth control in order to try and keep me from ovulating - regular birth control was just not cutting it, and I would apparently ovulate anyway and subsequently form a cyst.

I sort of wonder if I have super ovaries now... Haha!

Lol....could be!! Good luck....and yes ovarian cysts are extremely painful

This was so good to read. I have ovarian cysts. They claimed one of my ovaries at age 18 :(. Married and ttc and very nervous bc after getting off the pill, my ovaries started hurting....like, unbelievable pain. The cysts have returned to my remaining ovary. My dr acts like its no big deal, but what does he care. He jus keeps sending me for ultrasounds. But I'm nervous n scared more than anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->