Ovary pain at 5 weeks pregnant

C

cindysparkles

Hello ladies

I have recently found out that I'm pregnant (I'm only 5 weeks gone). I've not really had any symptoms yet - I did feel a little sick but I now think that was due to a chest infection I had.

I have had a few pains in my tummy though over the past couple days, they feel like ovulation pain (it feels like the pain is coming from my ovaries). It's just a dull ache that comes and goes (no sharp or agonising pains) and it switches sides. I also feel a little bit of dull aching in the middle as wells some times - it could be described as cramps, but not as bad.

I think this is all normal. But I wondered if anyone knows what causes it (or is it just my body settling in to pregnancy).

Also, on another note. Here in the UK we don't generally get a scan until we're 10-12 weeks gone on the NHS (unless there are problems or previous problems), so I am paying for a scan at 7 weeks just to reassure myself (it's actually 7 weeks 2 days)

It would be lovely to hear from others who have had a scan at this time and what they could see - I've heard that it's likely I will see a heartbeat and the little baby will look like a tiny kidney bean!

xxxx

i think its all your ligaments stretching for looking after baby in your uterus.

with my other pregnancys i had period pain around the same time AF was due every month. it can be worrying.

when you are in labour and your after pains, you will find they will be the side you ovulated from too.

:dust:

i think its all your ligaments stretching for looking after baby in your uterus.

with my other pregnancys i had period pain around the same time AF was due every month. it can be worrying.

when you are in labour and your after pains, you will find they will be the side you ovulated from too.

:dust:

Thanks so much. It's really interesting that the pains keep to one side!! It is more on my left side, but changes at the moment.

im still getting pain, its all the streching inside, as to scan the midwife i saw at 8 weeks used my lmp as a date but when i went for my scan at what we thought was 12 weeks they pushed me bck a month! it wont look too much like a baby at 7ish weeks, you should see a flicker of a heartbeat tho xx

I had this loads on my left side to start with, and then they died down around 7 weeks and now come and go. Mines were exactly like ov pain too i was convinced af was on her way for ages and didnt get my bfp because the pains were very similar to my af too! I only had them on left side. I haven't had a private scan I get mine o
In 9 more sleeps can't wait :) congrats on your bfp x

I had this loads on my left side to start with, and then they died down around 7 weeks and now come and go. Mines were exactly like ov pain too i was convinced af was on her way for ages and didnt get my bfp because the pains were very similar to my af too! I only had them on left side. I haven't had a private scan I get mine o

Yay, I hope your scan goes well! Do you get a scan at your booking appointment with the midwife, or do you book in separately to that.

It's really reassuring that others have the same pains as me. xx

im still getting pain, its all the streching inside, as to scan the midwife i saw at 8 weeks used my lmp as a date but when i went for my scan at what we thought was 12 weeks they pushed me bck a month! it wont look too much like a baby at 7ish weeks, you should see a flicker of a heartbeat tho xx

I really hope I see a flickery heartbeat :)

Yay, I hope your scan goes well! Do you get a scan at your booking appointment with the midwife, or do you book in separately to that.

It's really reassuring that others have the same pains as me. xx

thankshun ! I had a midwife apt already but it was pretty pointless at 8 weeks, she gave me a ready steady baby book and loads of paperwork to fill in but didnt take bloods or anything, I got my apt letter through just on Thursday, although I started stalking them at 10 weeks for an appointment over the phone so I knew it was going to be 6th Feb. The appointment said it includes a dating scan and takes approx 2 hours !! The scan at 7 weeks will help it go quicker for you :) ive got more info on here than I got from the baby book !!! This is my first baby :happydance: its scary when you havent a clue what to expect isnt it? xx

Seany,

Yep, it's just confusing not knowing what you're meant to be doing when. What to worry about and what not to!

I expect the babies will be here before we know it and we'll have a whole new set of worries. xxx

- Hi. Im 15 and I might be pregnant. Im terrified. I was supposed to get my period on January 29 2012 . I had unprotected sex on January 24th. Last night (January 27) I started to get these little pink spots. I thought that it was the start to my period. But I knew something wasn't quite right, because when my period comes on, it comes on heavy. This morning (January 28th) when I woke up, I had pinkish/redish blood on my pad. It didnt fill my pad. It didnt even fill a quarter of it. I continue bleed, but its light. Its not like my normal menstrual. So I wonder.....could I be pregnant or is this just my period. Please help me someone !

Hello ladies

I have recently found out that I'm pregnant (I'm only 5 weeks gone). I've not really had any symptoms yet - I did feel a little sick but I now think that was due to a chest infection I had.

I have had a few pains in my tummy though over the past couple days, they feel like ovulation pain (it feels like the pain is coming from my ovaries). It's just a dull ache that comes and goes (no sharp or agonising pains) and it switches sides. I also feel a little bit of dull aching in the middle as wells some times - it could be described as cramps, but not as bad.

I think this is all normal. But I wondered if anyone knows what causes it (or is it just my body settling in to pregnancy).

Also, on another note. Here in the UK we don't generally get a scan until we're 10-12 weeks gone on the NHS (unless there are problems or previous problems), so I am paying for a scan at 7 weeks just to reassure myself (it's actually 7 weeks 2 days)

It would be lovely to hear from others who have had a scan at this time and what they could see - I've heard that it's likely I will see a heartbeat and the little baby will look like a tiny kidney bean!

xxxx

Did everything work out? I’m having similar symptoms @ 5 weeks 5days and I’m super worried!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->