Over 30 and WTT 1#

Bowmans

Mum to beautiful daughter
Reaction score
Hi all

Im a newbie on here.I'm 31 and My husband and I are WTT till October this year maybe later but I'm feeling a little old and conscious that my biological clock is ticking so to speak - just wondered if there was anyone else over 30 WTT 1# - I hoping it won't take that much longer to get bfp when we start ttc.

Look forward to getting to know you all x

Hi Bowmans, welcome!

I'm WTT #1 as well. We will start trying this summer, I'll be 32 by then. A couple of months ago I was a bit panicked about my fertility and whether I will be able to conceive easily (PCOS and had chlamydia in the past), but now I don't worry too much as it won't help and we'll just have to see what happens.

Hi Eline

Great to hear from you. I totally agree I am going to try and not think about it - it's just it felt like I spent years not trying to get pregnant and now just worry when I do start trying it won't happen - and I don't have any reason other than my age to think this - I have regular periods and had a health check and all seems to be in order.

Can't wait to start trying - just trying to busy myself to try and take my mind off things. DH is terrified and doesn't want to put an official start date on it - I think it would be easier for him if we had a slip up rather than making the conscious decision to start trying if you know what I mean

hello there, I am over 30 and wtt #1 as well and totally understand you but sure its only a number ;) I hope to try later this year if all goes to plan

Yeah, I'm sure that, when should we have trouble conceiving, I will regret all those years using anticonception and waisting my fertile years. But on the other hand, I only met my sweet OH not too long ago and he was definitely worth the wait.

For a while I was really anxious about my fertility and I would actually lie awake at night, but it helped me a lot to set an actual date and to know I could work towards that date by losing some weight, getting fit and arranging my work.

I always feel a bit odd, talking to my OH about TTC, but I try to bring it up once in a while so we both can prepare a bit for all the changes this will bring. And I notice that he is starting to look forward to it as well. He is worried too about the changes and the responsibility that a child will bring, but we have a lot of friends who already have children and the all seem very happy with the choice they made. That helps.

I wouldn't worry about it too much hun. I was 31 when I had my first and I will *hopefully* be 36 (this year) when we conceive our second. Because of the path I took with the military and my career after, TTC was not an option till we were in our 30s.

GOOD LUCK! :)

Hi ladies!

I'm just visiting from TTC! I just graduated this month from WTT, so it's our first cycle trying. I'm nearly 33 :)

I hope the wait goes by quickly for you girls, and wishing you all the best!

that's nice of you randa, hope u get your bfp very soon :hugs: are you charting or just going with the flow?? I think I would chart when the time comes but only because of my age.

Thank you so much, MissN8. I am charting (using FF to document it all), and definitely recommend it - I started as soon as I came off BCP in October, just so I could get a sense of my cycles evening out leading up to TTC, and I'm glad I did because it really helped me pay more attention to the signs my body was giving me. My O date slowly came earlier and earlier over the months (19, 18, 16, then 14 days in), and I can now tell that I always seem to O 2 days after O pain starts, then the temps confirm it for me!

I have also purchased OPKs and pre-seed - they just arrived, so I will use them next month...although I'm hoping I won't need to ;)

wow its amazing how you get to learn your cycles and body. I cant wait for that as been on the pill so long and don't even get periods anymore. do you recommend coming off the pill a bit before ttc then? I was thinking give myself 3 months. are you trying for any particular time of the year to have a baby. I would like spring/summer baby.

I know how you feel!! We are starting in a couple of weeks and I'll be a month shy of 32 then .. I feel old too!

wow its amazing how you get to learn your cycles and body. I cant wait for that as been on the pill so long and don't even get periods anymore. do you recommend coming off the pill a bit before ttc then? I was thinking give myself 3 months. are you trying for any particular time of the year to have a baby. I would like spring/summer baby.

Hey,
It's definitely different for every woman, but for me, I was very glad that I went off the pill earlier than I planned to start trying, because the first cycle I didn't even ovulate, and up until recently my luteal phases were still on the short side, which wouldn't have been favourable to a healthy pregnancy. I went off at the end of October, and also started my prenatals then...it was easy to remember to take them since I was so used to taking a pill each day anyway. Some women find that it takes several months to get their cycle back to normal, and others get it back right away. And you need to be very careful the first month, because many women ovulate even sooner than the average 14 days that first month off, so timing sex to conceive or to avoid it can be trickier. Hope this helps :)

I would have liked to have a summer baby, or early fall, but I'm just so eager to have one, that anytime will do! If I got my BFP this cycle, the baby would be due mid-November, which is when TONS of our family members have their birthdays. But I don't want to be picky...it might take us months, I suppose!

Hi there! First just let me say 30 is just a number! Don't let it worry you. I was 34 when my first was born and hope to conceive this year but will be 37 when the next one arrives.. hopefully!
That being said I would recommend coming off the pill sooner rather than later.. maybe switch to condoms until TTC.
Especially if you don't even get AF at all right now. It can take some women a very long time to get back on track with their cycles. I am not trying to scare you into doing any thing.
When I first came off the pill my cycles were all over the place for a very long time. Luckily wasn't trying to conceive at that time... just wanted to give my body a break. But was going about 68 days between AF for a long time after.
Perhaps speak with your Doc about when you want to TTC and how you don't even get a period right now. They may recommend a different pill for a while before you come off too.

Hi there, I'm WTT until early next year. I turned 33 a week ago but I'm not worrying too much about my age at the moment. I came off the pill in August and my cycle has finally settled into a regular routine :)! Currently trying to get my body into optimal condition for TTC and also just in case this is my last summer of bikini wearing (stretch marks run in my family)!

I am WTT at 30 as well!! Just perusing around on some of these older threads. I know one of the ladies said she had chlamydia and was worried? I have had it as well (five years ago now) and I am also worried. I try and tell myself it will be all ok, and I have talked to a few Dr.s who seem to think I will be fine. I still question it all though. We have a date right now of May 2017, to TTC but I think I MIGHT be able to talk my OH in to earlier this year. We may have to push back our thoughts about a wedding, but I am starting to think that if we are engaged ( in the near future hopefully) that I am ok with that versus needing to be married. I know that we would eventually get married as well though... I am more concerned about making sure I can HAVE a baby right now. I feel like I am really panicky about it. Clearly the baby fever is in full force!!!!

I hope everyone is well!

I turned 33 two weeks ago and I am WTT. I had my second child last June and I'm hoping to start trying for the third (and last) by next year. During TTC for my second child, I caused so much unnecessary stress because I was constantly worried about my age. There is a 14 year difference between my first born and the new baby, so I did not know if being in my 30s would affect anything. Lo and behold, when I decided to let all of the stress go, it was then I became pregnant that month. For my next pregnancy, I plan on stressing less (easier said then done ;) and maybe try some acupuncture sessions! :)

Hi there still waiting here. Forgot about this thread! I will be ttc in December this year. My date was pushed back several times. Still worrying about age but as you say stress won't help so should just relax. I am very excited about stopping bcp.

Hi all, I'm 34 in August and thinking we might start trying on my birthday!! It's still s few months away but from what I can tell I'm due to 'O' around then. The plan was to wait until October for our honeymoon for TTC but Me an OH had a conversation this week and we both let slip we were finding it hard to wait, so OH suggested trying in August just before our wedding! Can't try any earlier or else I might not fit in my wedding dress!! Lol. I'm still trying to decide, do I want to trying before our wedding or to wait?!? Trying earlier wil mean not drinking on honeymoon?!? But I'm kind of thinking a baby is totally worth it, I can drink again on another holiday in the future, and I don't need alcohol to have a wonderful holiday. (Totally carried away and swept up assuming I'll fall first try!). X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->