Over-active Thyroid?

loulabump

Mummy to one of each x
Reaction score
I've never been a fit person... I eat a lot of crap and never do any exercise...I've always been a size 12...during pregnancy I went up to a 14 and after I just lost it... my son is 14 months old now and I have dropped 12st to 8st during those 14 months without dieting or exercising. Because I've always been unfit I never considered why my heart would pound hard and fast while I was lying in bed...I get tired quickly and my periods have completely changed from before pregnancy. They are now more like every 45 days and only last for a day. All these symptoms on their own I had an explanation for...but last week somehow everything clicked into place...hyperthyroiism runs in my family..both my mum and my aunt have it...I went to the doctors strait away, he checked my neck and eyes and listened to my symptoms then booked me a blood test...I had the blood test on Friday and first thing this morning they called me and wanted to book me in today...so I'm going this afternoon but I am so, so worried...what if its not what I think? What if its something worse? I just wanted to get this out there...I'm so worried...:cry:

Hope everything goes ok hopefully they just want you to come in to talk the results through or give you some medication. X

i had some blood test done to test for PCOS back in september which can back negative but was asked to book an appointment and it turned out i have an underactive thyroid.

If you had bloods just to test thyroid and you have been asked to see a doctor then its obviously come back abnormal meaning there is something wrong with your thyroids. for you most probably being over active.....They may want to monitor you or put you straight on meds but a doctor will need to see you first.

pregnacy is a trigger for thyroid problems and it runs in families xxx

Thank you, you two for your replies.

Bloods show severe hyperthyroidism, I've been urgently referred to hospital. Hope it can be sorted out soon.

Well at least you know what's wrong now hub and it can get sorted out and you'll start to feel better. X hope you get your hospital appointment soon x

its lucky you went to the doctors when you did then hey.......now they know it can be treated, i know it takes a while to stabilize, i have only been on the medication nearly 3 weeks got a blood test booked at the end of jan to see if my thyroid levels are coming down.............all fun and games........not xxx

:hugs: hun, I've had a hyperthyroid for a long time now, discovered after my first with the exact same symptoms. There's great meds out there, PTU is what I take and its amazing! Also you can still bf on it if your LO is still bfing:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->