Over the counter nausea meds?

hopeful_ttc

Reaction score
I'm not actually throwing up, just nauseous ALL DAY... & dry heaving on and off all day. It's ruining my work & when I go home I want to do nothing but lay around. I'm so useless! LOL! Is there anything over the counter that I could take for nausea? I'm doing the ginger stuff (gum & candy), but it only lasts as long as the candy or gum does. I inquired about zofran, but doc told me that they really only like to prescribe that if your actually throwing up... any advice is greatly appreciated :wacko:

Have you tried peppermint tea? I dint think there's anything medicine wise I'm afraid. Hope it eases for you soon

Doxylamine succinate (an antihistamine) and B6. Take a look at Diglegis for amounts that are needed. Suggested for me by my doc. I am not sure how much it helps - I still feel quite nauseous and vomit on occasion, but I do take less than the maximum dosage that Diglegis (or Diglectin?) would allow for (it makes you fatigued).

I had horrible 24/7 nausea from 5w6d and it seems it MIGHT be tapering off lately and I just hit 11 weeks. Doctor didn't want to prescribe me anything when it was really bad because she said before 8 weeks it's best not to because the brain and spinal cord are still developing so she mentioned I could take over the counter unisom (active ingredient Doxylamine Succinate) along with vitamin b6 but it is a sleeping medicine so if your driving you probably should not take it or be very careful. She said 1 at night and 1/2 when I wake up... It did help me but I try and take it as little as possible. I also Googled homeopathic remedies and tried tons! Lemon didn't really seem to help although it was one of the few flavors I could handle thru my nausea and I can't stand the taste of ginger so I bought ginger capsules and it worked for maybe a week then stopped. I bought a b complex vitamin and that still works and will give me several hours of relief... if you do find any relief make sure and eat!! The more you can eat the better off you'll be. So if your nausea stops for a while eat and make sure you eat little things every couple hours after and it'll help. I know as soon as the nausea starts I find it near impossible to eat even when I know I've gotta!!

Sea bands helped a bit for me as well as eating small amounts and often. I hated peppermint tea when I tried it. Some people say ice and ice pops help them x

Yes I also got sea bands that was the 1st thing I tried. I don't think it helped 100% but felt it helped take the edge off so I wasn't as miserable. At 9 weeks approx my nausea went away for about 2 days and it freaked me out I even wanted my MS to come back. I took my sea bands off and the next morning I was miserable again... I hate even taking them off to shower now!!

I wouldn't recommend buying anything over the counter since most meds are usually deemed unsafe in pregnancy and I would see your gp who may prescribe you something. Cyclzine is the most commonly prescribed (in the uk) x

My doctor said I could take emetrol over the counter

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->