Over too soon?

ScorpioLoz

Reaction score
I miscarried on Monday 26th August. I didn't get a scan till the following Friday so I denied the fact I'm miscarrying and held onto any last hope. Friday showed nothing to indicate a pregnancy yet my hcg was slowly rising. They prepared me for a possible miscarriage... I was distraught! I cried all day and night. I barely ate and slept when I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. On Saturday I had visitors round to see how I was and each time I looked at their faces I burst into tears. Sunday I was ok until it was time to sleep. I cried bitterly into my pillow but eventually got to sleep.

I was grieving... Understandably.

However...!

This week I feel no grief, no remorse... Just nothing. Work gave me a weeks compassionate leave. I feel like I can talk freely about my miscarriage. I had a scan Wednesday 4th September which confirmed the miscarriage and I cried a little because it was so final but after that I was fine.

Am I over it already? Am I harbouring my feelings?

Of course I feel sad but I'm not crying anymore :-/ I have however started cuddling my other half a lot more telling him to stay there (so he doesn't move).

Firstly I am truly sorry for your loss.

I think your feelings might be kind of normal. I am currently having a miscarriage but I had found out about a week ago it was likely to happen through multiple hcg blood tests. I was a mess at first! I was also dreading seeing any of my pregnant friends (I have 3!) one who is 3 weeks ahead and was very excited we were pregnant together. I have had a few good cries and to be honest I kind of feel okay now. Like my life is kind of back to how it was before I found out I was pregnant. And yesterday my friend who was 3 weeks ahead had to drop past and honestly I didn't get as upset as I thought I would. She already has a belly and everything and I think I coped okay.

I still have a moment here or there when i think about what could have been but I do feel like I have managed to deal with it a bit too quickly. Who knows. I guess only time will tell hey!

Also I might add I barely told anyone I was pregnant so I haven't told anyone what I'm going through. Maybe because I haven't really talked to anyone about it I haven't grieved properly who knows.

I never felt sad about my miscarriage. I was pissed off having spend 6 weeks feeling like crap, I was disapoitned I wasn't gonna be having a baby in February and kinda angry at the failed pregnancy for hanging around so long and implanting in the first place. But never sad. And I felt completely ok with things very quickly. The sensible part of my brain kicked in pretty early and I accepted that chances where the baby had a chromosomal abnormality that was not compatable with life and therefore it never had the capability of becoming a baby in the first place. I've only cried cos I got fed up of people being nice to me when I just wanted them to be normal.

I don't think there is anyway right or wrong way to feel after miscarriage. Or a right or wrong amount of time to have negative emotions. Its a unique kind of loss. You have lost something you never had. You were promised your life was headed in one direction only to find you are back where you where a few weeks ago. A person in your life has been taken from you, but you never got to meet them.

Everyone knows I had a miscarriage cos I wrote some rather detailed blog posts about it and have spoken completely freely about it. I do think it helps getting over it to talk freely about it.

Grief is very cyclical and I didn't cry much after the first few days either, but then weeks later I started crying all the time again. Not saying that is going to happen to you, but you may just be going through a phase right now but you might still have an emotional release yet to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->