Overdue and Anxious

Marriedlaydee

Reaction score
Anyone else overdue and experiencing some silly anxious thoughts?

I'm now on the fifth day after my due date...yet again waking up disappointed. I feel a couple of shuffles inside once I wake..Then it'll be after I've drank and eaten that I feel some big movement and the anxiety eases. I just can't help but feel worried that my body isn't doing what it should be and wondered if anyone else had the same 'silly' thoughts as me. I keep being told to relax and chill out...My body will do this when it's ready etc and I just wanna ignore it. Then when people keep asking is the baby here yet I get even worse...just want to turn off my phone and ignore people because it really does make me feel a bit cr*p.

I've shown no real signs of labour. Pains and cramps on and off for weeks now, doctor said Braxtons hicks but I've not lost my mucous plug nor have waters broken.

I know this is a waiting game but I just feel a bit down about it all.

To top it off I've been on antibiotics for an ear infection but after a few days of no symptoms it's come back again so I'm even more defeated!

With my son I had absolutely no symptoms of labour, my midwife was convinced I’d go overdue as nothing was happening :lol:
At 7 days over we had sex before bed (lord knows how) and I was woke to the worst pains, queue natural labour!
Good luck! I hope it happens naturally soon for you :D

I had dd1 at 12 days over and dd2 at 10 days over. With dd1 I had 3 days before of pains on and off but Labour kept stopping. It was so frustrating. I had 3 failed sweeps. I finally went into Labour the night before I was due to go for induction. With dd2 I had zero signs of Labour. She wasn't engaged at all and I had no real contractions up until the big event lol. I just woke up one morning and Labour started. My waters didn't go until 10cm with dd1 and had to be broken at 10cm with dd2.
I know it seems hard to believe but things really can change quickly so try not to feel disheartened xx

I know it’s a long wait but it’s is totally normal, doesn’t make you feel any better I know! But baby is doing just fine in there and like the others said it can happen in a matter of hours from zero to labour! Use this time to relax as much as you can and I’m sure your bundle of joy will be here before you know it xxx

I'm picking up that you are concerned about movement? Is baby moving less or taking a lot of persuading to get moving? If so please get checked over.

I'm picking up that you are concerned about movement? Is baby moving less or taking a lot of persuading to get moving? If so please get checked over.

I've been pretty paranoid my entire pregnancy due to the length of time it's taken to conceive, always felt like I'm waiting for the moment this will all be taken away from me so I try to keep calm and not let myself be driven by paranoia.

Baby has been moving a lot the past week...I think when I have a quiet hour I suddenly go into panic mode...Then before I know it there's big kicks in the ribs or a massive roly poly and I suddenly realise I really am losing the plot!

Thank you all for your kind words. It really is the worst waiting game ever! Husband just suggested we go for a walk it's been a while since I've properly been out the house and the sun is actually out for once! I need to snap out of the funk I'm in :)

Much love to you all for your support <3 I get overwhelmed feeling a bit like I'm the only one overdue!

Don't apologise. When you go these feelings are totally normal. Glad baby is still moving well. You will be holding them before you know it xx

Totally normal. Can you have a sweep to get things started maybe? I feel anxious about movements and I’m not full term yet, seems silly but the closer you get to the date it ramps up doesn’t it!? X

Totally normal. Can you have a sweep to get things started maybe? I feel anxious about movements and I’m not full term yet, seems silly but the closer you get to the date it ramps up doesn’t it!? X

I see a midwife Thursday so I need to decide if I wanna try a sweep then but I'm not sold on the idea I dunno why! I've always been paranoid about movement, went to be monitored at 28 weeks cos the anxiety was so bad and all was fine! I just cannot wait until baby is out and I can start worrying about it when he is she is asleep :haha:

I did just purchase a movement sensor though lol

You are certainly not the only one overdue, though, I know you said it is something you feel and you know this logically. I have ALWAYS gone overdue, with all three of my kids. I am not overdue yet (due on the 6th of Feb), but I am also not expecting any action before my due date. Labour is such a mystery, and the less I try to understand what is going on, the happier I am. As long as baby is moving and you are feeling OK (I mean, aside from the usual end-term discomfort and pain), then your body is doing precisely what it should be doing.
Hugs to you!

Oh, and I've shared this before, but will again: Send people this link when they ask if baby is here yet. Nothing else: just this: https://haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/ :)

You are certainly not the only one overdue, though, I know you said it is something you feel and you know this logically. I have ALWAYS gone overdue, with all three of my kids. I am not overdue yet (due on the 6th of Feb), but I am also not expecting any action before my due date. Labour is such a mystery, and the less I try to understand what is going on, the happier I am. As long as baby is moving and you are feeling OK (I mean, aside from the usual end-term discomfort and pain), then your body is doing precisely what it should be doing.
Hugs to you!

Oh, and I've shared this before, but will again: Send people this link when they ask if baby is here yet. Nothing else: just this: https://haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/ :)

Haha that's brilliant! I think people will think I'm spamming them but it could be a baby photo for all they know :haha:

I had so many messages over the weekend, so I went on Facebook and checked in as having gone for a walk...seems to has satisfied peoples curiosity for now lol. But rest of the week I'm staying off the radar! Keep then guessing.

I had someone ask me my induction date yesterday made me feel really uncomfortable which is silly right?? I told her sorry but we actually don't wanna tell anyone as it can be a long process but she can be assured baby will be arriving next week so wait until then to hear...

It doesn't matter I know but i don't want everyone knowing where I am and when I am going....

Hugs to you!

Haha that's brilliant! I think people will think I'm spamming them but it could be a baby photo for all they know :haha:

I had so many messages over the weekend, so I went on Facebook and checked in as having gone for a walk...seems to has satisfied peoples curiosity for now lol. But rest of the week I'm staying off the radar! Keep then guessing.

I had someone ask me my induction date yesterday made me feel really uncomfortable which is silly right?? I told her sorry but we actually don't wanna tell anyone as it can be a long process but she can be assured baby will be arriving next week so wait until then to hear...

It doesn't matter I know but i don't want everyone knowing where I am and when I am going....

I totally understand the impulse, though perhaps not for exactly the same reasons (or maybe they are the same!). In fact, with this 4th pregnancy, I have not even mentioned it on social media or in conversation with so many of my friends. So, unless they have seen me, they won't know I'm even pregnant. (And even if they did see me a few months ago, I may have not looked pregnant. I don't tend to get that big, and I didn't pop until 6 weeks ago).

I am not hiding this pregnancy, and I am certainly not upset about it, but I find I enjoy my life more when I don't feel the need to position it in relation to everyone else's expectations.

I haven’t told anyone when my section is either, last thing you want is everyone texting and calling when baby arrives and wanting to come by/know what’s happening! We didn’t tell anyone outside of immediate family when my daughter arrived for about 4/5 days and it was so lovely and peaceful! X

Ladies such a nice thing when people don't know right?! Everyone on my Facebook is family or work or forum friends from websites....but they are still very annoying lol! Even my gran had messaged this morning saying 'No baby yet' but she didn't deserve a sarcastic response so I was nice lol! We have also discussed not telling anyone when the baby arrives. My parents and MIL are the only people who know the induction date and even then if all is healthy and running smoothly we have decided to give ourselves some time before we tell everyone. We may tell the parents after half an hour or an hour....I just want to enjoy baby plonked on my chest without thinking "Oh we need to text our mums" ....that'll be nice :)

Still nothing today! Not disturbed by any pains in the night this time, woken up yet again starving so may go fix that for myself lol. Urghhh such a shame!

Definitely take all the time you need! We didn’t even tell our parents for a good 5-6 hours, just enjoy the moment x

I just put a post on facebook for people to make their guesses on when baby will arrive and it's all been contained to that so no one (apart from my mum this morning) bugging me to know if I'm in labour yet or not.

Get the anxiety too, everything is looking fine (had midwife this morning) but can't help but feel more and more anxious every day.

Natsku I'm so happy to meet others who are overdue and may go into labour whether its natural or induced quite close to me...it's nice to share the emotional burden of feeling anxious and worried! This pregnancy is just not what I expected at all so far in regards to the third trimester. It doesnt help that I get people saying

Omg you haven't lost your mucous plug yet?
Omg, so your waters haven't broke yet?
Omg so you haven't really had any Braxtons hicks yet?
Omg I feel so sorry for you

I really don't need sympathy lol. I'm fine...I'm comfy apart from at night...it's really silly to assume that I'm uncomfortable and want this baby out.

Yes I want my baby out but because I want to meet him or her and move onto the next phase of our family. No other reason :) so I'm lucky maybe to most days when I'm sat down...not even feel pregnant! :haha:

Ladies such a nice thing when people don't know right?! Everyone on my Facebook is family or work or forum friends from websites....but they are still very annoying lol! Even my gran had messaged this morning saying 'No baby yet' but she didn't deserve a sarcastic response so I was nice lol! We have also discussed not telling anyone when the baby arrives. My parents and MIL are the only people who know the induction date and even then if all is healthy and running smoothly we have decided to give ourselves some time before we tell everyone. We may tell the parents after half an hour or an hour....I just want to enjoy baby plonked on my chest without thinking "Oh we need to text our mums" ....that'll be nice :)

Still nothing today! Not disturbed by any pains in the night this time, woken up yet again starving so may go fix that for myself lol. Urghhh such a shame!

I haven't made a Facebook announcement yet and Jackson is a week old (NZ time) tomorrow. MIGHT announce tomorrow but I don't know. But I've had a few people who have been pissed off that knew I was pregnant but haven't told them straight away. Given the rush he arrived in and the situation in my personal life at the moment, I just wanted to keep him to myself for a bit so his father and I have only told our parents and siblings.

I haven’t told anyone when my section is either, last thing you want is everyone texting and calling when baby arrives and wanting to come by/know what’s happening! We didn’t tell anyone outside of immediate family when my daughter arrived for about 4/5 days and it was so lovely and peaceful! X

Darn it Bonnie11! :rofl: I've not posted much these last few days but I've been lurking in the background to see if there has been an announcement from you. I've been getting excited for you!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->