Overdue December mamas? 40 weeks +

17thy

<3
Reaction score
I was due the 6th, no baby yet, no signs other than baby trying to engage, and a couple twinges here and there. Went to 41+3 with my last so it could be a little while yet... I feel like everyone I knew that was due around me has already either had their baby, or been induced or scheduled for induction/csection. Which I have no plan of so I could be waiting around until Christmas! Sheesh I hope not lol. Anyone else hanging in there with me at 40 weeks + ?

Hurry up babies, we want to meet you! [-o&lt;

Yep I'm only overdue by a day though. I am scheduled for an induction for Tuesday so the end is in sight. I am really hoping baby comes beforehand though as I would prefer not to be induced.

My first was 6 days late so was expecting to go overdue, but hoped it would come early. Nevermind.

Will they schedule / would you want an induction? My hospital won't let you go more than 10 days over.

I always thought second babies were earlier so fingers crossed! X

I'm having an unassisted pregnancy/birth again for baby #3, so no one to pressure me for induction or anything, I was induced with my first at 39 weeks and wouldn't do it again unless we were in a life/death situation, I wouldn't insist on any monitoring until 43 weeks, which would be after Christmas at this point. He'll be here before then :p I'm just so, so impatient. I just want to meet him already.

Sorry Posted before I had finished typing!

I am 5 days over midwife hasn't been able to do a sweep as his head is still "high and free" I was only 3 over with my first & 2 over with my second so I had hoped this one would be here by now, I am due to be induced on 16th : ( I am scared as I have never been this long overdue

I was due 6th. Mw advise against sweep yest unless I really really wanted to see and she talked me out of it. I have one booked for Sunday now,then Tues then induction on the 18th if nothing is happening before then.

However we booked a daytime showing of hobbit on Friday while dd is at school, so given we've made plans now i fully expect him to have me in hospital on Friday! To be fair i've been getting some thicker outputs this eve so maybe things are beginning to move!

To be fair i've been getting some thicker outputs this eve so maybe things are beginning to move!

Aw lucky :( I've been checking for any "outputs" like it's Christmas morning every time I go to wipe. lol. Nothing at all. No signs whatsoever. Other than baby being lower in my pelvis, I feel the same way I have the rest of the pregnancy.

I was sure on the 6th. On Tuesday my mw said my cervix is shut. My c section is scheduled for the Friday, but I was hoping that something would start up before then.

Well more outputs this am and cramping through the night. I think things are beginning to shift. Guess it's good signs but could be anythianything from hours to days still! If it would like to be convenient then if I don't need to go into hospital until tomorrow once dd is at school that will be ideal!
(And if we get to watch The Hobit in the morning then all the better!)

Plans definitely = baby

Last time with my DD we had someone coming over to sort out an issue with our newly fitted windows. They failed to turn up the previous two times they said they'd come out. My DH got a phone call when I was in L&D asking where we were as they were outside the house.

This time we're out for my dad's birthday Sunday so I'm feeling confident Sunday will be the day, lol.

I hope things are still moving along for you Gingerspice x

Well the kitchen repair men have been and gone so at least that's in process (they need to order new part and come back next week, hope fully next week we'll have new arrival rather than being in hospital being induced so oven can be fixed before christmas)

Tmi, but i've had 2 lots of bm this morn now so hoping it is things ramping up but no real cramping yet. Things took 3 days with dd, so not anticipating a sudden/prompt ramp up. As much as it will be typical to miss the cinema I would take a hopefully safe arrival over the cinema any day and we can forever remind him of his untimely arrival!! Small sacrifice of cinema tickets and gain a child instead ;)

Can I join, 2 days over here and uncomfortable. The saga so far for me has been:

Thurs - contractions 4am - 2pm. Not long enough and fizzled out.
Fri - 1st sweep performed, cramps, bloody show. Cervix fully effaced, 2cm dilated and soft. Baby's head at -2 and reachable.
Sat - nout
Sun - Contractions 10:30pm - midnight, every 9 minutes. Fizzled out.
Mon - Nothing - loss of more plug
Tues - 2nd sweep performed, bleeding and more bloody show. No pains. Now 3cm dilated.
Weds - 8pm - 11pm contractions every 9 minutes and getting more painful. Then fizzled out.
Thurs - Lots of BHs but not much else. Feeling niggly and sore and stiff.

Am starting to think my body is broken as I went 16 days over with DD too.. but this time I've had more signs at least that things are happening, just wish it would turn in to something more.. DH has just said he's working from home from now on until the New Year as he's worried he'll miss the birth, lets hope this gets baby moving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->