'OVEREMOTIONAL' RANT about my DR.

Sherileigh

Reaction score
Ok, so I went to my DR's appt this morning...and got weighed...I thought I was doing really good and I've already put on a TON of weight...so was hoping for little numbers. Well no chance there! I got 8lbs in 2 weeks!!! WTF? Anyway the nurse left and I just starting :cry:...couldn't help it. Thought the DR would be another 10 mins or so....but of course not this time. He walked in and saw me, asked what was wrong, I said my weight. He said 'so what, you're healthy, your baby's healthy, so what you put too much on, you'll just have more to take off afterwards....your real problem is that you're too emotional and too reactive'. Then he goes on for 10 mins about how awful being emotional is and how wonderful my sister is (he was her DR for both pregnancies) and how unemotional she is...told me how he tells his 3 sons that they should never cry, otherwise it makes them weak and not like a real man! WHAT?? This is 2009!! He also said that I may have issues with post-partum as I probably imagine this wonderful beautiful experience with my newborn baby and won't be able to handle the reality of it...??? Oh, yeah that's how I've pictured my first months as a mom...just laughing and playing, and sleeping all day. I'm not an idiot!
Oh and said I'll probably be the mother that will take my child to emergency all the time and that he never took his kids to emergency....UHMMM HELLO??? YOU'RE A DOCTOR!!! He wasn't being 'mean', he was just engaging in a debate I guess...and just telling me what he believes is fact. I thought you have NO idea who I am! He sees me for 5 mins every 2-4 weeks...I have never cried in his office before. He just made me feel like there's something wrong with me! SO I went back to work, called my best friend and cried at my desk! LOL....hmpf...too emotional...me? :blush:
Sorry, long rant...but I was pissed!

:hugs: He sounds like an insensitive pig :grr:

What a insensitive poo head, (alot more nicer than what i 1st wrote!)

He's just a stupid man!

Hope you feel better soon. :)

xxxx

Wow. He sounds really insensitive... I can just imagine what his kids are going through never being allowed to show any emotions...

I would complain to someone about that. Plus he shouldnt even be telling you about your sister... Patient doctor confidentiality...

What an asshole, eff that!!!!!!

There is alot of pressure to gain so much etc. I've gained alot and used feel aweful about it. I have gotten over it. My OB is much better about it than my GP. She made a deal about it. Don't worry about. Everyone gains differently!

He probably thought he was helping!! I personally think that weight gain is a big deal and you were quite justifiably emotional about that (but I am morbidly obese as my doc keeps reminding me) He should not have tried to make you feel inadequate about it though, everyone is different and will react differently to stuff, and I would have thought a doctor should know that.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Silly male doctor!!! not what you need to hear! at the end of the day im sure im not the only one who worried about weight BEFORE pregnancy so now with all the hormones etc i think if i cried about that id be allowed to!!

Dont worry hun x

MALE! typical - as if he has a clue about feelings, bet he doesn't feel like a white lumpy whale! XX

Your doctor sounds like an insensitive douche bag! Sorry hun. :hugs: If you have an option, I would switch docs.

What a jerk, i'm sorry. My doctor was the opposite, she gave me hell about my weight. I guess if they don't screw you one way, it's another

Hun, you are carrying LIFE inside you, you're entitled to every emotions and reactions in the book!
Don't listen to him, you're doing great, he's just a fucking prick, I hate those!!
Ps: For the next debate, remind him that because they are not the one growing human beings, only men are creating wars, dictatures, rape, torture.. Shall I go on??!!
SO YES YOU'RE EMOTIONAL, YES YOU'RE PREGNANT, YES YOU'RE A WOMAN BUT DAMN YOU'RE PROUD!!!!!
Take care hun!! xx

Wow what a a$$... That is not right of him at all. How horrible. I am sorry sweetie :( *Hugs*

What a jacka**, that was totally uncalled for, he doesn't know what it feels like to be pregnant. Try and ignore him hun you are going to be a great mum, take care :hugs: XX

By the end of that post my mouth was slightly open! Cry if you bloody well want! and as for comparing you to someone else thats just totally out of order!
Cryings good, if you dont your bottle it all up.

:hug:hun,
He is a total ass,
He needs a good:trouble::grr::trouble:
He is really out of order, pay no attention to him the insensitive pig
:hugs:

Thanks ladies....it's nice to hear that I'm not crazy. I tried to talk to my OH last night about it...but he totally doesn't get it. Doesn't get why the weight bothers me...'you're having a baby, you're supposed to gain weight.'...and doesn't understand why i let what the doctor said bother me. I wish I could give him some of the hormones I have running through my body....then throw a mass of weight in the center of his body and see how great he feels! lol

I would have said "Well then your sons with be just as big of douchebag as you!" Then I would have flipped him off and walked out.... hahaha but that is just me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->