Overly Anxious About Becoming High Risk

KandyKinz

Longtime Mama
Reaction score
Suddenly today I've developed a strong overwhelming fear of becoming high risk. Terrible scenarios keep playing over in my head :( As a former midwifery student I KNOW that most pregnancies and labours go without any problems, but I have seen many bad things happen as well.... and I've seen medical interventions being used again and again and again just to be on the safe side and I just really want to finally experience a normal natural birth at home. I know that the health of babe is the most important, but I can't seem to devalue the importance of the birth experience.

And sometimes I really wish that I knew absolutely nothing about pregnancy, then I wouldn't have so much to worry about. For example, I vaguely remember having itchy feet and hands last pregnancy.... the memory is incredibly vague but I know it happened. It was never really severe (or I am sure I would have remembered it more clearly) and I'm pretty sure it was fairly intermittent. Back then I just assumed it was a normal symptoms of pregnancy... and now I'm like OMG what if I had undiagnosed cholestasis??? and what if I get it again??? Then I'll have to go to OB care (I really really really really don't want obstetrical care, I have had previous really bad experiences) and then I'll have to have to be induced and have a hospital birth and ick... all the bad thoughts keep coming....

Most likely, I probably didn't have cholestasis... and it's all in my head now... And I know it's silly to be freaked out about something that not even happening now... but I just can't seem to make the bad thoughts go away?

Anyone else dealing with this?

Yep, i went in for a natural birth using hypnobirthing in a birth centre. I am now classed as high risk, so will have to have my son in a labour ward and have an IV drip. This is why it is best to go into this stuff with an open mind and nothing set in stone to avoid disappiontment.

For me, if there's anything to worry about, I do!

Have you read Birthing from Within by Pam England? It's less of the technical "what happens in pregnancy" instead is more about the emotional side and processing/preparing for birth psychologically (whether things go well in labor or not). It talks a lot about worrying and the "work" that worrying accomplishes.

I do have the book, but haven't read it in years... I really should take another look at it...

Anyways, I'm no longer worried bout my homebirth.... I had an episode of spotting last night which has now gotten me extremely anxious about the status of the pregnancy in general :( There was only a small spot of bright red blood when I wiped last night and then this morning there was a small spot of browny/orangy/yellow discharge when I wiped... but it's never been enough to get on my panties and it was never accompanied by any cramping...

:(

I do have the book, but haven't read it in years... I really should take another look at it...

Anyways, I'm no longer worried bout my homebirth.... I had an episode of spotting last night which has now gotten me extremely anxious about the status of the pregnancy in general :( There was only a small spot of bright red blood when I wiped last night and then this morning there was a small spot of browny/orangy/yellow discharge when I wiped... but it's never been enough to get on my panties and it was never accompanied by any cramping...

:(

I hope all is well with your LO. Keep us updated!

No bleeding today so far, hopefully it'll stay that way. Called the midwives and they recommended that I just wait and see since the amount of blood was small and there was no cramping. Kinda figured that would be the management plan.

Feeling very blah now....

I'm hoping too....

Still spotting on and off, but it's remained very light and still hasn't been enough to get onto my panties. It had stopped for most of yesterday but has continued again today :( There's been no cramping so that's reassuring. Initially I was feeling very little to no pregnancy symptoms and was quite concerned by that but about two days ago I was hit with extreme fatigue and nausea which has yet to go away. Hopefully that's a sign that things are still progressing and not the result of messed up hormones caused from a miscarriage.

I'll be happier after my appt and I get some blood work or scan to see if this pregnancy is actually viable. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->