Overnight leak question?

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
Ok so I am loving my WN night nappies. I've only bought pre owned up to now and never a leak. I put my new one on him (after one pre wash) and it leaked :| It was the top centre of the waist band of the wrap that was damp. I thought maybe I just didnt position it right....

Last night it was back on again (so on it's 2nd wash) and it leaked again! Now he sleeps on his side when he's in with me (from BFing) and it was the side he was on that he was damp. I dont know if it's the wraps which were both WN popper wraps or the nappy that needs washing more? In between those nights he wore a well washed pre owned WNNN and it was fine....

Any thoughts? If he's spending a bit of time sleeping on his side would I be better with a different style wrap to the WNSS ones?

:)

my understanding is the wnnn are bamboo, you need more pre-washes honey to optimise the absorbency. 8-10 washes is normal for bamboo to reach their best.
you can help this along by a long soak in water, or short daytime wears until they're ready though.
when you've brought pre-loved all the pre-washing would have already been done.

Rather than having to pre-wash 8 times or so, try sticking them in a bucket of water and soaking them over night then wash as per. Works well with our bamboo nappies:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->