Oversupply on one side?

MelliPaige

Leo's Mommy
Reaction score
My right breast is almost always engorged..Leo has never emptied that one and I never pump after a feed so I don't know why. It also lets down too fast and he chokes on that side and is constantly unlatching to catch his breath and needs burped every few minutes since he has to swallow so fast. The left side is perfect and he can stay latched to breathe and it's always soft and seems to have the perfect amount of milk.
Anyone else experience this? Will it eventually even out and is there anything I can do to speed the process up? It's been like this since the beginning.

Yes! Oh my goodness i've been having real trouble with my right boob atm - lo is sooo fussy when i try and feed her from that side because the flow is just too fast.
I've been feeding her upright in the sling so she can ffeed in a burp position so she's easier to wind and she can dribble the excess milk a bit easier iyswim? I think if you block fed or did 2 feeds on the better side then 1 on the fuller side it might reduce supply a bit but i'm hesitant to much around doing anything to bring supply down at the moment....

I have this same problem on my left side! I feed DD on that side right before she goes to bed but when she wakes up 4-5 hours later, that side is already engorged and the right side is not. I want to feed her more on the non-engorged side to try to decrease the supply on the left, but it hurts too bad to not relieve it by feeding or pumping. I would love to know what to do too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->