Overweight and baby movements

Purplehippo

Reaction score
I just wondered as I'm very overweight my bmi over 40 :nope: (but has come down from 54 :happydance: ) when am I likely to feel my baby move ?
Thanks everyone :hugs:

how many wks are you? I'm also overweight, (BMI over 40) with an anterior placenta which can cushion movements until much later and I started feeling flutters around 17 wks, had to really concentrate to feel them though, by 19wks, they were more noticeable if I was say lying down on the couch or in bed but not if I was up and walking about. about 22wks I started really feeling daily movement at different stages of the day, now at 23 wks, its unmistakable kicks/punches and rolls.

my bmi is over 40 and ive felt flutters now and then

Plenty of time! if this is your first you may not recognise the first flutters as baby either, but don't worry, it will all come! :)

I have a higher bmi as well.
Last pregnancy I didnt feel movement till about 16 weeks then proper unmistakable kicks around 20 ish weeks.
This time however iv been realy lucky (although few believ me and say im imagining it) I started feeling the first preasures of slight movement (iv never had the flutters or popping that most drscribe) at about 11 weeks, im now 16 weeks and this is jumping all over the place with very distinctive kicks and rolls.
Its that noticable tand obvious that if I am imagining this than I should be in a padded room :)

see we know our own bodies and what we feel, ppl think just because we are '' bigger women'' that we wont feel nothing to further gone is a load of crap it just depends on the position of the placenta x

I have I high bmi (34) I felt little popcorn popping in my tummy at 18 wks

I don't think you'd feel movements any later than usual just because of weight, but if your placenta is in a funny place, you may for that reason. My BMI is very high (high 40s), and I felt both of my babies in first trimester, although I didn't feel strong movements until 19 weeks with my first but I did at 14 weeks with my second. Congrats on your weight loss, by the way! Great job!!!! How did you do it??

I lost 6 1/2 stone before we ttc, did it with slimming world :winkwink:

Well, good work!!! I see them mentioned on this site all the time, and I'm really starting to think I should try it to help lose my [first] baby weight after this pregnancy. I'm just being really careful, timing my meals, and slowly cutting out junk to maintain this time, and so far so good. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->